Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female mice have stopped sleeping with each other

4 posters

Go down

Female mice have stopped sleeping with each other Empty Female mice have stopped sleeping with each other

Post by ky210 Thu 08 Feb 2018, 10:25 pm

This is my first time using this website so forgive me if I've posted this on the wrong place, but I need help. My two female mice have stopped sleeping together. They have never done this before, from what I know. They don't fight either, from what I see. Is it something I should be worried about?

ky210

Back to top Go down

Female mice have stopped sleeping with each other Empty Re: Female mice have stopped sleeping with each other

Post by Blessed Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:14 am

Hello there, ky210! Elated to have you here! Dance

As far as I know/am concerned, it doesn't mean anything in particular. I mean, my two girls like each other, but I don't believe they have a strong bond--if they even do at all. Smile And that's what I'm getting to; maybe your mice don't have too strong a bond, so they don't care to be by each other constantly (even if they do have a nice bond, I'm sure they'd want their own space to themselves on occasion), or either it's simply the case of, one wants to sleep somewhere else in the cage (if you have multiple hiding spots, they're more sure to move sometimes as to where they sleep), and the other one wants to stay where she's at. Smile

Hope this helped! But hopefully someone else can give their input, too. I never questioned when my girls do that, but your case might be different, so now I'm curious with you, lol. Laughing

By the way, you posted this in a fine area.

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Female mice have stopped sleeping with each other Empty Re: Female mice have stopped sleeping with each other

Post by ky210 Fri 09 Feb 2018, 2:38 pm

Thank you for your help! Today they actually slept in the same spot, so I'm not as worried anymore. But I agree with the "they occasionally might want their soace" thing. I feel like that might be the case, but they're fine so I'm pretty sure everything is gonna be okay. Thank you!

ky210

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri 09 Feb 2018, 3:16 pm

My girls do this sometimes! Pairs do occasionally want some space, and that's fine.

Mine are definitely bonded but they do their own things, too. My last pair was always together, 24/7, nothing was done alone. These two, though, are more independent. Sometimes they sleep in different nests or play with different toys. I'd say it's normal.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by ky210 Fri 09 Feb 2018, 3:58 pm

Thank you for your help! I definitely agree with the space thing, they slept together today so I'm pretty sure that was the case.

ky210

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:08 pm

@ky210, that's good to hear! And you're very welcome. Very Happy

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 10 Feb 2018, 11:21 am

Blessed wrote:@ky210, that's good to hear! And you're very welcome. Very Happy

Blessed, Nice photo album Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:14 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:
Blessed wrote:@ky210, that's good to hear! And you're very welcome. Very Happy

Blessed, Nice photo album Very Happy

Thank you, Rodents rock!! Very Happy

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down