Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What woods are toxic to mice?

3 posters

Go down

What woods are toxic to mice? Empty What woods are toxic to mice?

Post by ky210 Fri 09 Feb 2018, 4:08 pm

I've been looking for more toys and houses for my mice but I need to know what woods are toxic to mice first. I've looked it up and couldn't find any solid answers, so I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I don't want to give them anything that could potentially harm them, but they definitely need more houses and things to play with.

ky210

Back to top Go down

What woods are toxic to mice? Empty Re: What woods are toxic to mice?

Post by Blessed Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm

Can you just buy more wood chews made specifically for mice and other rodents at Walmart or your local pet store?
Sorry I don't know which woods are toxic to mice, either, though. But a free option for another wood chew toy would be getting a short, skinny stick from your yard and putting it in the freezer for a few days (or baking it in the oven instead) before giving it to your mice. Good vibes
I'll tag @Peachy ... she might have more info on what you're asking about. =)

Oh, and, Kleenex boxes make excellent hidey-huts for mice! And then, again, pet stores and especially Amazon have lots of different options.

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:17 pm

Here's a previous topic that discusses safe woods. It's probably easier to make a list of what's ok rather than what's not. If you don't see the type of wood you're curious about mentioned here, feel free to ask about it! And if you pick up wood from outside, definitely make sure to identify the type of wood and clean it up before you give it to your mice. Smile

https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t766-safe-wood

Last edited by Peachy on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by ky210 Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:19 pm

Thank you!

ky210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum