Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is squeaking at eachother normal?

4 posters

Go down

Is squeaking at eachother normal?  Empty Is squeaking at eachother normal?

Post by River Mon 19 Feb 2018, 12:53 am

Graham and Maier were absolute best friends and rarely ever squeaked at eachother. Garcia and Graham, while they were exceedingly happy to finally have company, do squeak at each other in the nest fairly often, especially if they choose a smaller box to sleep in.

They do get along otherwise, eating and playing together. I'm just wondering how normal this is. I wouldn't want any squeaking to become a danger to Graham's current wounds. There's no biting, chasing, or other signs of aggression. They aren't even fighting when they're squeaking, its almost as though they're just arguing over the blankets or something.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Is squeaking at eachother normal?  Empty Re: Is squeaking at eachother normal?

Post by CallaLily Mon 19 Feb 2018, 7:07 am

Totally normal. Like sisters who get a little annoyed with each other sometimes and argue but are still like best friends (or was that just me and my older sisters? Youngest of 5 here.)

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjling Tue 20 Feb 2018, 9:59 am

Absolutely normal. So long as there's no blood, they're certainly fine.
My girls have little arguments sometimes too, every so often I'll hear some squeaking and know there's been a disagreement about something (Usually that something is a particularly good piece of food, or someone's invading someone else's personal space, or someone messed up someone's tunnel), keep an eye on them, but don't worry too much.

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

https://Belovedmice.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousetropolis Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:19 pm

I have a girl who likes to chirp at the other girls while she's grooming them. It's a happy sound, not an aggressive one. If your girls squeaking in their hides, it could be something like that!
Mousetropolis
Mousetropolis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum