Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble

+2
AnonymousMouseOwner
chiroptera
6 posters

Go down

Trouble Empty Trouble

Post by chiroptera Tue 20 Feb 2018, 6:02 pm

Trouble J4Cltmhi5MrqWxij5JYq3IF-di0AlP7pSjzp8W9fJqo3rUq0ngGEJlvbrFmYLXCj6pxgL-kB_xLog3JxIHWB0gfdOPejQ_22AOMQ

I don't even really know what to say. I should have been prepared but how can you be? My heart mouse, my darling angel baby, died in my hand today, in the vets' office. This was a recheck, she'd been having a bit of a difficult time breeathing and at first was feeling very lethargic... I thought she was doing a little bit better, but not as much as she should have improved on the medicine, so her followup appointment was today. We were waiting for the vet and she was doing fine, twirling around like she was prone to do, but active and seemed fine. And the next thing I knew she was limp on her side, I would pet her and she'd get up but then seize again, until eventually she just grew still... I'd scruffed her a few minutes before to look at her teeth and part of me thinks that's what caused her to die and... I don't know what to do with that thought. The vet did a postmortem xray and her lungs were horribly full, so it seems to have been a respiratory issue, rather than a heart problem, but we're not sure why she didn't respond to the antibiotics, or why none of her sisters have shown any symptoms.

But yeah, I'm really, really not okay.

She was my heart mouse, the reason I got back into keeping mice, and honestly it was because of her that I finally made the decision to stay in Texas. She's been taken from me too soon.

Twirl in peace, Trouble-girl.

her gallery

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Trouble Empty Re: Trouble

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:11 am

How old was Trouble? I'm so sorry for your loss Worry

If her lungs were filled with fluid, I don't think it's anything you did. Please don't blame yourself Group Hug Older mice tend to not deal with respiratory infections well and often don't respond to antibiotics like a younger mouse would. I'm sure she lived a very happy, spoiled life with you Rainbow Angel

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:42 am

@AnonymousMouseOwner I'm estimating she was born in May, as I got her at the end of June, so ~10 months. Not old enough to leave me. Worry It's possible that her other health problems (head tilt/waltzing) contributed, too, but... it's still hard.

Thank you for your condolences! <3

Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:47 am

Oh yes, mice with neurological conditions are known to pass early, sadly Sad That in combination with the illness was probably what happened. I'm sorry again, and I don't think it's your fault.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 21 Feb 2018, 2:51 am

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear. :'( That must have been a really terrible experience. It's so hard when they leave us young, but she's at peace now.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 21 Feb 2018, 8:15 am

I’m so sorry. Sad I agree that it doesn’t sound like you did anything to cause her passing. Just the opposite. You did all you could to try to help her. She knew she was loved. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemonsz Wed 21 Feb 2018, 10:15 am

I hope she has a peaceful rest. She looks so much like my Dedenne, it breaks my heart. At least she had the comfort of your hand in her final moments.

Take some time for yourself and try not to let yourself get too down. She was very lucky to have you as a caregiver!

Rainbow Angel

Jr Member
Jr Member

https://supermegashowoff.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 21 Feb 2018, 8:20 pm

Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss of Trouble. She sure was a special girl. I believe she passed from a combo of her neurological problems and her lungs being filled with fluid. You gave her a wonderful quality of life. Sending you lots of hugs!

I'm here if you need to chat.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 21 Feb 2018, 8:27 pm

Just looked at Trouble's photo gallery. She sure was beautiful. Her fur was sooooooo shiny and healthy looking Smile
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Wed 21 Feb 2018, 11:29 pm

Thank you, everyone. It's hard for me to not blame myself but I'm doing my best. Worry I'm glad I was able to hold her in her last moments, my roommate said she waited for me to be there... She was such a sweet girl, I believe it. It's hard that she was the first to go, even if I knew it was likely. But I gotta be here for her sisters and Pumpkin. Love

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Oh yes, mice with neurological conditions are known to pass early, sadly Sad That in combination with the illness was probably what happened. I'm sorry again, and I don't think it's your fault.

As much as I know, it's still... hard to handle. Thank you, though. Smile

CinnamonPearl wrote:Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear. :'( That must have been a really terrible experience. It's so hard when they leave us young, but she's at peace now.

Hopefully she's able to take a break and relax from beyond the rainbow bridge. She was always moving with her waltz.

CallaLily wrote:I’m so sorry. Sad  I agree that it doesn’t sound like you did anything to cause her passing. Just the opposite.  You did all you could to try to help her.  She knew she was loved. hugs

Thank you. No matter what, it never seems like enough when you can't save them, but I sure did try my best. I loved her so much.

pokemonsz wrote:I hope she has a peaceful rest. She looks so much like my Dedenne, it breaks my heart. At least she had the comfort of your hand in her final moments.

Take some time for yourself and try not to let yourself get too down. She was very lucky to have you as a caregiver!

Rainbow Angel

She really does look like Dedenne! He's a handsome guy. Smile You'll have to catch a Dedenne in-game and name it Trouble for me. Razz

Rodents rock! wrote:Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss of Trouble. She sure was a special girl. I believe she passed from a combo of her neurological problems and her lungs being filled with fluid. You gave her a wonderful quality of life. Sending you lots of hugs!

I'm here if you need to chat.

Just looked at Trouble's photo gallery. She sure was beautiful. Her fur was sooooooo shiny and healthy looking  Smile

Thank you!! I appreciate it. I may message you over e-mail or PM in a bit, once I'm doing a better job processing things.

She was a satin- she even had the white teeth. She was my shiny twirly girl! ;w;

chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down