Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead

+2
River
vansssa
6 posters

Go down

my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead Empty my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead

Post by vansssa Thu 22 Feb 2018, 11:17 am

my mouse, lola, grew a white dot on her forehead. she acts completely healthy and fine. eats plenty of food, drinks lots of water, loves running on her wheel and also coming out and going around to explore. shes a really sweet mouse but im just so puzzled by her new friend. is this safe? should i take her to the vet? her cage mate, nova, (i have 3 mice its just that i have to seperate the third one due to cage aggression sadly. if the reintroduction doesnt work out i will have do the neccessary to ensure i dont only have a pair of mice! dont worry!) is extremely healthy and energetic. she also loves eating n drinking and exercises a lot. theyre both really healthy..not skittish at all so im a bit confused as to why she grew this funny dot. pictures included
my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead Img-2010

vansssa

Back to top Go down

my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead Empty Re: my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead

Post by River Thu 22 Feb 2018, 11:49 am

Is it a bump or just white fur? If it's just white fur, I wouldn't worry at all. Mice can change the color of their fur as they molt, but it's usually more prominent in colors like brindle, siamese, or self black. One of my girls has changed her brindle markings three times already and I've only had her since late December.

If it's a bump, I don't really know...seems like a weird place for a tumor, but it could be an abscess if you mentioned cage aggression. If she was injured there it can happen. I'll leave that to someone else, though.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead Empty Re: my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead

Post by Blessed Thu 22 Feb 2018, 2:32 pm

Hi, Vanessa! Welcome to PMF!! Two Thumbs

Your lady is beautiful! Mice can change color a bit, as @River mentioned. And being just one little spot, it seems weird, but I'd imagine it's possible. How long have you had her? And it really does like fur, in my opinion. Smile

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 22 Feb 2018, 8:02 pm

I agree with River and Blessed, if it's just her fur that changed color, it's nothing to worry about. I just can't tell from the photo if it's fir or a growth. Can you clarify this for us? By the way, she is beautiful!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 23 Feb 2018, 4:33 pm

My Delilah grew a white spot on her head.... she was a dark grey mouse. I'm told that it is caused by molting. Nothing to worry about but it's permanent!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by vansssa Tue 06 Mar 2018, 8:05 am

hi!! i checked on the white dot and its just fur, thank you so much everyone for all your concerns!!! i really appreciate it! its a great experience especially for my first time on this forum

vansssa

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:44 am

She's adorable! This reminded me of a girl that got a weird little streak on her face that looked like a tear.  I totally forgot about her!! Mice and their coats can be so very interesting.
my mouse grew a white dot on her forehead Fb_img26
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down