Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Science Selective Mouse Food??

2 posters

Go down

Science Selective Mouse Food?? Empty Science Selective Mouse Food??

Post by Wishfulturtle Mon 05 Mar 2018, 1:16 pm

**Okay, I know there is a post on this same food below this, but I didn't know if they were talking about it as treats or not.
I have got two new female mice and right now I have a fairly large packet of the food they were already being given and i have also bought some Science Selective mouse food as well. I was wondering if the selective is good as normal mouse food or not? Also - when the mice start eating something more available for me - how do I change their diets without upsetting their little tummies or making them ill? Thanks if you can help! Smile
Wishfulturtle
Wishfulturtle

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Science Selective Mouse Food?? Empty Re: Science Selective Mouse Food??

Post by River Mon 05 Mar 2018, 3:25 pm

It can be fed as a daily food and part of the staple diet yes. Its reccomended to feed alongside other foods to keep them entertained, like seeds, fresh veggies, treats, etc. -- mice like foraging and variety. That said nutritionally, its very good.

When I change food I do half and half and slowly start adding more of the new food...they can be fine with a sudden switch, but if you can transition slowly, do so. I switch very suddenly when I get new mice as I dont have the food they were eating when I adopted them...most of the time they ignore their old food anyway because the new diet is more exciting. But hey, leave the option available for them to eat both for a while until they're adjusted to it enough.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum