Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Usagi

+7
MesaMouse
CallaLily
CinnamonPearl
stephlisa
MouseLover
Peachy
Soren
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RIP Usagi Empty RIP Usagi

Post by Soren Wed 08 Jun 2016, 3:34 pm

I've had Usagi for only 3 short months. 10 days ago she was diagnosed with pneumonia by the vet, and started a regimen of anti-biotics. Unfortunately, this didn't help and she got worse and stopped eating a drinking by herself. My partner and I have been hand feeding her water and food through a syringe to try prolong her life, but it wasn't looking good. She was suffering. Today i made the decision to put her down. Here are some photos of Usagi in her prime, when i first got her, and when she had her litter, and her coffin.

This is her when i first bought her. She kinda looked like a rabbit so I named her Usagi (japanese for rabbit). I didn't know she was pregnant when i first bought her, she wasn't showing at all! But she had given birth a week later.
RIP Usagi Screen11

This is two weeks after she gave birth. Her hungry pups are following her everywhere!
RIP Usagi 72370_10

This is Usagi eating a salad i made for her.
RIP Usagi Screen12

RIP Usagi. This is the box they put her in after the procedure. I appreciated that the nurses went to pick flowers to put on her box.
RIP Usagi 20160615

She was a really good mouse. Never bit me, always crawled into my hand to be fed treats. He daughters are not so nice to me lol.
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

RIP Usagi Empty Re: RIP Usagi

Post by Peachy Wed 08 Jun 2016, 3:58 pm

Aw, the flowers are a sweet touch. It sounds like she was a very good (and beautiful!) mouse, I'm sorry for your loss. Sad
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 08 Jun 2016, 4:00 pm

Aaw Soren, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Those are some lovely pictures. Her time with you may have been short but it sounds like it was a good life Smile As long as you have her daughters (and possibly grand-daughters) you will always have a part of her, and of course she will live on in your memory always. Rest in peace Usagi.

And those are some really beautiful flowers! That looks like the coffin of a VIM (very important mouse).

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Wed 08 Jun 2016, 4:39 pm

I'm sorry for your loss Sad
The coffin is beautiful, it sounds like she was a lovely mouse.

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 08 Jun 2016, 5:12 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Soren. She was a truly beautiful girl. It's so hard to let them go, but she's in peace now.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 08 Jun 2016, 5:27 pm

I'm so sorry, Soren. It's always a tough decision to make. The flowers picked for Usagi are beautiful. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 08 Jun 2016, 8:59 pm

Such a beautiful siamese! I'm sorry that you had such a short time with her but Usagi certainly had a very full little life and left you with the gift of her children. Her coffin and flowers are beautiful -- it's comforting to know that there are veterinary practices that understand that the loss of any pet is to be treated with respect.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Wed 08 Jun 2016, 9:04 pm

RIP. What a creative name. I love Japan and I love how you used Sailor Moon's name as well! Rest in Peace Usagi.
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:51 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, she seemed like a wonderful little mouse. I was rooting for her to get better, but sometimes it just isn't possible. You made a good decision; no more suffering for her anymore.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Fri 10 Jun 2016, 4:41 pm

Thank you for the support everyone Smile She'll be able to rest in peace.

I got a card in the mail from the vet as well. It's very sweet.
RIP Usagi 20160610
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 10 Jun 2016, 5:21 pm

That is so sweet and thoughtful! I've never had a vets do that for me! How lovely to find one that acknowledges a mouse's importance! Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 10 Jun 2016, 5:23 pm

What a great Vet office. The forget-me-not seeds are a very nice idea.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Fri 10 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm

MouseLover wrote:That is so sweet and thoughtful! I've never had a vets do that for me! How lovely to find one that acknowledges a mouse's importance! Smile

I've had animals pass away that were treated at different veterinary practices and, each time, I received a pet condolence card from that practice -- even the 24-hour emergency clinic where one of my cats was a one-time visitor and ended up being euthanized there. It's comforting to know that veterinary staffs take their patients to heart and empathize with our loss -- they understand that the animal was a vital part of our family, be it a dog, cat, hamster, mouse, etc.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:01 pm

Aww... I've gotten cards for my cat and my mouse, but the forget-me-not seeds are a very sweet touch. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Fri 10 Jun 2016, 7:29 pm

With a dog or a cat, it doesn't surprise me. But it really touches my heart to see mice given the same respect.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next