Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetables?

3 posters

Go down

Vegetables? Empty Vegetables?

Post by fancymice Sat 31 Mar 2018, 4:19 pm

Hi, in addition to my mice commercial food, what vegetables, and how much of vegetables should I give them a day? Would a tablespoon of veggies for the two of them a day be good? Also, how much of treats is too much? Thank you!
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Vegetables? Empty Re: Vegetables?

Post by CallaLily Sat 31 Mar 2018, 4:31 pm

There’s a stickied list of foods to help start you off with in this section. Smile

You can give very small amounts daily, if you like, so long as it doesn’t overtake their main food. View them more as a supplement to their seed/grain mix. You don’t want them filling up on it and ignoring their main food. At minimum, small amounts of fresh foods twice a week is what’s generally recommended. I don’t usually measure but as an example I’ll put in one baby spinach leaf, a blueberry, and a small bit of broccoli top.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Sun 01 Apr 2018, 12:04 am

Oh ok thank you!
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadamouse Mon 02 Apr 2018, 8:50 pm

i would give veggies every day or so, but make sure you slowly introduce them one at a time because if you introduce a watery vegetable too quickly it can lead to your mouse having diarrhea and this can be fatal because your mouse could become dehydrated very quickly. Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down