Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Introduction!

2 posters

Go down

My Introduction! Empty My Introduction!

Post by Fukari Sat 07 Apr 2018, 4:24 pm

Hello! My name is Abigail - I'm 12 years old, and I live with my mouse, in New York.
My mouse is named Zazu, who is extremely friendly and positive. Hes a loner, but hes used to being alone and stuff, and I guess he likes being alone - hes sort of a alpha, if you will. I got him back in November, and hes been rolling on his wheel ever since.
I used him for my science fair in school, in which I ran a study to see if he could run the maze faster with treats at the end or not. (It was a very easy experiment, compared to what other people did.) I have science fairs every year in my school, actually, so I need to keep thinking on what to do with him next year. I love him dearly, as he is officially my first mouse. But unfortunately, overtime he grew a tumor. Well, I'm not exactly sure its a tumor. I'll go over to the medical help forums and type one, see if anyone will give me advice. My family refuses to bring him to the vet, because hes only "just a mouse." Which makes me terribly upset. I'm planning to keep him alive till he loses the will to live, and I want to put him to sleep, but I don't know how.
I'll get advice on that later. Moving on, my mother says if he passes I can get another. I'm also planning on getting litter mates, as that's kind of the best way of keeping 2 mice together.
Zazu used to live in a critter trail, but I switched it to a 20 gallon tank. He enjoys Vitakraft VitaSmart as his food, and I make sure he has a sock to sleep in.
Thank you everyone for reading this! If anyone does, anyway. <:
Fukari
Fukari
Jr Member
Jr Member

Artistic

Back to top Go down

My Introduction! Empty Re: My Introduction!

Post by Peachy Sun 08 Apr 2018, 9:46 am

Welcome! What a neat start to mouse keeping. I'm trying to remember what I did for the science fair now. Don't Know

I addressed a lot of this in your other thread, but just wanted to mention that if you get litter mates, make sure you get girls. Boys will be happiest living without other males because of their territorial nature, so you'd need separate cages.
Two mice is double the needs for space, bedding, food, toys, and vet care so make sure you're up for that too.

Share pictures when you can! We love pictures. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fukari Sun 08 Apr 2018, 10:42 am

Awh, thanks!
Fukari
Fukari
Jr Member
Jr Member

Artistic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down