Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The right mice food?

2 posters

Go down

The right mice food? Empty The right mice food?

Post by Fukari Mon 09 Apr 2018, 8:20 pm

Hello everyone! I've had quite the hard time choosing food for my mouse. As some people know, the fats cannot be very high in their diet, since that can cause tumors. I've been wondering weather or not I'm feeding my mouse the proper food, and I'd like you guys to help me out a bit.
Food - The food I used to feed him was a National Geographic one, while now I feed my mouse Vitacraft VitaSmart.
I'll get pictures soon!
Fukari
Fukari
Jr Member
Jr Member

Artistic

Back to top Go down

The right mice food? Empty Re: The right mice food?

Post by Jadamouse Tue 10 Apr 2018, 12:58 am

there is a lot of really useful information on the mouse diet sticky, but basically you want about 13-15% protien, fat should be 5% or under and fiber should be around 10%

it is quite hard to find pre made mixes that have the correct nutritional needs so some people (like me lol) prefer to make their own mixes, i use vetafarm origins mouse and rat food (its like small pellet like things) with a whole heap of stuff mixed in such as oats, millet, a few sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, uncooked pasta and rice, and a bunch of other things i cant remember. i also obviously feed fresh fruit/veg pretty much daily.

Vitacraft Vitasmart isnt too bad but could be improved a little bit. where i live there isnt really any decent pre made mouse feeds so i prefer to make my own and im not sure what you can buy where you live.

i hope this helps Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum