Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I Use A Pringles Can With Metal In It?

4 posters

Go down

Can I Use A Pringles Can With Metal In It? Empty Can I Use A Pringles Can With Metal In It?

Post by River Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:33 pm

I have a strange amount of empty pringles cans -- the larger ones are metal on the inside, with cardboard on the outside, however. Is this safe to give mice?

Also, sorry for my lack of activity. I've been a bit ill! Both mice are still doing well, and Graham is stable, though she walks a bit funny due to the damage she had done to one of her legs.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Can I Use A Pringles Can With Metal In It? Empty Re: Can I Use A Pringles Can With Metal In It?

Post by Jadamouse Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:46 pm

im not 100% sure if they are safe, but i wouldn't risk it Smile

if they are fully cardboard then they should be fine but im not too sure about the metal

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Can I Use A Pringles Can With Metal In It? Empty Re: Can I Use A Pringles Can With Metal In It?

Post by Peachy Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:14 am

Is it actually metal or just shiny stuff? I don't eat Pringles so I don't know, but I've used the ones with the shiny interior. Hung it from the bars of a cage and it was a favorite!
I wouldn't hesitate to use either, though.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 14 Apr 2018, 7:04 pm

I’ve used pringles tubes for my mice a lot in the past, but I always cut off the metal end and peel off the inside foil lining. Once you cut the end off most of them peel off very very easily. Then it’s all cardboard and perfectly safe. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum