Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just like a baby

2 posters

Go down

Just like a baby Empty Just like a baby

Post by jay.mayhem Sun 15 Apr 2018, 11:25 am

Poor Darcy is in rough shape. She was huddled in the corner cold this morning, almost unresponsive, with both eyes half shut with red (porphyrin?) In the corners. I got her warmed up and cleaned her eyes, and thankfully she's awake and alert now. I'm getting Pedialyte and KMR to see if I can keep her hydrated and nourished while she heals (hopefully). I was sure she was going to die when I found her, so this is a miracle that she's even awake right now. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Other pets: Kitties Juniper, Ozzie, and Rosie, Teddy Bear the poodle, Chinchillas Lily and Nina (a mother-daughter pair), Ferrets Hope and Azrael, and the fish-- Neon Tetras named after the Beatles and a Bristlenose Plecostomus named James. James is female.

Founder of Project Happy Paws-- phpaws.cf and foster mom to Strudel and Bagel!

Rest in peace, dear Scuttlebug and Shiloh. I love you both, now and forever. You'll always be my babies.
jay.mayhem
jay.mayhem

Scorpio Worried

https://laineyslingo.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Just like a baby Empty Re: Just like a baby

Post by Jadamouse Sun 15 Apr 2018, 3:22 pm

if you cant get her to a vet fast (a vet is your best option) you could try giving her a bit of baby food, or mushed up banana. mice can go down hill very fast so a 'hospital' tank could be a good idea, just clean down and set up a small travel cage or emprty storage bin wish fleece at the bottom (or just shredded tissue but fleece is a good idea as it will keep her warm) a hide or snuggle sack and her food and water (make sure you clean everything) just focus on keeping her warm and fed/watered. make sure you keep an eye on her throughout the day.

if she lives with other females take them out of their cage and give it a clean, completely new bedding and clean all the toys and the cage itself while she recovers in the hospital tank. this will stop the spread of germs if she has anything contagious.

sort of the same thing happened to my little Jazz in december last year i found her cold and huddled up in a corner. however she possibly had a stroke because she was very lopsided and walking in circles and couldn't balance herself.

best of luck with your little one, i hope she recovers fast Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by jay.mayhem Sun 15 Apr 2018, 6:30 pm

Thank you. She's doing much better now, almost like it never happened? Which is so weird. I've had her out to cuddle, and brushed her and such. She's cuddling with the others just fine, she seems lively enough. I'm going to do KMR and baby food for a while, see if she doesn't perk up a little more. She's always been super skinny, so I don't know what that's about, but if I can help I will. Thank you so much for your advice Heart

Other pets: Kitties Juniper, Ozzie, and Rosie, Teddy Bear the poodle, Chinchillas Lily and Nina (a mother-daughter pair), Ferrets Hope and Azrael, and the fish-- Neon Tetras named after the Beatles and a Bristlenose Plecostomus named James. James is female.

Founder of Project Happy Paws-- phpaws.cf and foster mom to Strudel and Bagel!

Rest in peace, dear Scuttlebug and Shiloh. I love you both, now and forever. You'll always be my babies.
jay.mayhem
jay.mayhem

Scorpio Worried

https://laineyslingo.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadamouse Sun 15 Apr 2018, 6:35 pm

your welcome Smile its great to hear she is doing better Heart

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse