Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Itching

2 posters

Go down

Itching Empty Itching

Post by fancymice Fri 20 Apr 2018, 2:51 pm

Coconut has been itching, biting, and licking herself. She doesn’t do it all the time, but right now she’s been doing it for about 5 minutes. There’s no fur loss and no bleeding. I also checked her and i can’t see any mites or anything. Should I be worried? Or is this normal?
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Itching Empty Re: Itching

Post by Jadamouse Fri 20 Apr 2018, 4:55 pm

if there is no fur loss or bleeding she may be okay. but a vet checkup is a good idea just to make sure. mice groom themselves often and love to stay clean but if she is grooming herself 24/7 that could be a sign of stress. Is she living alone? and is she new?

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Fri 20 Apr 2018, 5:16 pm

Jadamouse wrote:if there is no fur loss or bleeding she may be okay. but a vet checkup is a good idea just to make sure. mice groom themselves often and love to stay clean but if she is grooming herself  24/7 that could be a sign of stress. Is she living alone? and is she new?
She doesn't groom herself 24/7 just sometimes she does it for a few minutes straight. She lives with another mouse and I've had her for about three weeks.
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadamouse Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:35 pm

in that case she sounds like she should be fine, but if she starts to lose fur or if there is any blood definitly take her to the vet Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down