Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will he be okay?

2 posters

Go down

Will he be okay? Empty Will he be okay?

Post by PrincessPets Thu 03 May 2018, 12:04 pm

Hi,
I am getting a male mouse in a few weeks from a breeder.My hamster currently has mites and has to have 3 doses of ivermectin 2 weeks apart.I was worried about the baby mouse getting the mites so I messaged the breeder asking if she could look after him until my hamster is better.Unfortunatley she could not do that but said she would give the mouse a preventative dose of ivermectin.Will this stop him from getting the mites?His cage would be at the other side of the room on a table.I can’t put him in another room as my room is the only suitable room.It would be to noisy in the living room.My Hamster has had her first treatment and cage/area disinfectent yesterday.She will probably have one more before I get the mouse.When the mouse is here she will probably only have her third treatment to go.I would appreciate some advice:)
Thanks,
Em x

PrincessPets

Back to top Go down

Will he be okay? Empty Re: Will he be okay?

Post by CallaLily Thu 03 May 2018, 3:45 pm

With the breeder treating as a preventative and you being mostly done with your hamster’s treatment, I would think you’d be fine.

There's more on treating mice for mites in this thread: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t17-itching-hair-loss-and-parasites.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessPets Thu 03 May 2018, 8:01 pm

Thanks this is very helpful:)

PrincessPets

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum