Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting

2 posters

Go down

Fighting Empty Fighting

Post by fancymice Tue 08 May 2018, 10:28 am

My two mice who live together fight kind of often. They always fight over their wheels, even they have two, one for each. When they fight I hear squeaking and they tumble, but the fight usually lasts about 2-4 seconds and they separate themselves. Should I be worried about this? They also steal food from each other. I got them both together and they lived together before. Also, no blood is drawn but fur gets kind of scruffled up.
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Fighting Empty Re: Fighting

Post by CallaLily Tue 08 May 2018, 2:00 pm

No blood = let them sort it out. As long as one isn’t so beaten and bullied they can’t get enough food or water. Just keep an eye on them.

That said, groups of 3+ females tend to work out better than pairs. That way there isn’t just one submissive girl taking all of the dominant girl’s attention. Consider adding to your group (after quarantine) if you have the time and space for more. Smile

EDIT: Assuming they are females. Confused Sorry, I can’t remember.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Tue 15 May 2018, 10:14 pm

CallaLily wrote:No blood = let them sort it out. As long as one isn’t so beaten and bullied they can’t get enough food or water.  Just keep an eye on them.

That said, groups of 3+ females tend to work out better than pairs. That way there isn’t just one submissive girl taking all of the dominant girl’s attention. Consider adding to your group (after quarantine) if you have the time and space for more. Smile

EDIT: Assuming they are females. Confused  Sorry, I can’t remember.

Ok thank you. The fighting has decreased by a lot, now there are just some small arguments between food, and occasionally with the wheels.
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum