Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to Use the Tank For?

4 posters

Go down

What to Use the Tank For? Empty What to Use the Tank For?

Post by CucumberMouse Sun 13 May 2018, 6:52 pm

I'll be picking up a 40 gallon breeder tank soon, but I don't specifically have a plan for it. I was thinking about using it to get some female mice, which I've really been wanting for a while, or an upgrade for my hermit crabs. But, I'm still really not sure about either of those :/ So, I figured I could ask all of you for suggestions Very Happy I'm not that big into snakes, and not really looking for any more fish. I'd love to own something a little more unique too, but if not that's not a big deal. If you have any suggestions on an animal that would do good in a 40 gallon, I'd love to hear them! Thanks Smile
CucumberMouse
CucumberMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sheepish

Back to top Go down

What to Use the Tank For? Empty Re: What to Use the Tank For?

Post by CallaLily Sun 13 May 2018, 7:22 pm

Your hermit crabs would appreciate the space. Not sure how many you have or how large they are but bigger is always better with them. Smile

I’ve had mice in my 40b and now a gerbil (eventually gerbils), though I plan to add the topper for them. I did use it as a crabitat for a time but also with the topper to allow deep enough substrate (topper is a bottomless 36*18 exo terra).  Same reason for the gerbils - more substrate without sacrificing too much climbing space. The crabs are currently in a 75g that I hope to one day build a topper for too.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 27 May 2018, 5:39 pm

CallaLily wrote:Your hermit crabs would appreciate the space. Not sure how many you have or how large they are but bigger is always better with them. Smile

I’ve had mice in my 40b and now a gerbil (eventually gerbils), though I plan to add the topper for them. I did use it as a crabitat for a time but also with the topper to allow deep enough substrate (topper is a bottomless 36*18 exo terra).  Same reason for the gerbils - more substrate without sacrificing too much climbing space. The crabs are currently in a 75g that I hope to one day build a topper for too.

Hi CallaLily, would you mind posting photos of your hermit crabs and their set up? Would love to see it. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sun 27 May 2018, 10:15 pm

Hi, CucumberMouse! Nice to see you around again! Very Happy

Hmm. Decisions, decisions, huh? :-P What about a lizard? Anoles, my mom used to have some, are tiny little reptiles that can turn brown or green. I'm personally not into owning reptiles or amphibians--just hermit crabs and fish are good for me to own for animals to live in tanks (with the exception of mice and even gerbils, too!)--but I think you might find a lizard or two or more cool. Like, a 40-gallon tank would give them lots of room! You could decorate it in a natural way, and they will probably be such happy reptiles! Razz Smile

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down