Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARE PISTACHIOS/ALMONDS SAFE FOR MICE?

3 posters

Go down

ARE PISTACHIOS/ALMONDS SAFE FOR MICE? Empty ARE PISTACHIOS/ALMONDS SAFE FOR MICE?

Post by PrestigePetsMouseLOVR Wed 16 May 2018, 12:10 am

In our house we have raw, unsalted almonds, and roasted salted pistachios (only 1.5% salt though) and I just wanted check if almonds and pistachios are safe for mice before risking giving it to my little lonely girl. Confused

PrestigePetsMouseLOVR

Back to top Go down

ARE PISTACHIOS/ALMONDS SAFE FOR MICE? Empty Re: ARE PISTACHIOS/ALMONDS SAFE FOR MICE?

Post by Jadamouse Wed 16 May 2018, 12:29 am

almonds are definitely safe, my mice looooove them Smile not too sure about pistachios, however since they are salted you shouldn't give them to her anyway as too much salt isn't the best. unsalted nuts are better Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

ARE PISTACHIOS/ALMONDS SAFE FOR MICE? Empty Re: ARE PISTACHIOS/ALMONDS SAFE FOR MICE?

Post by PrestigePetsMouseLOVR Wed 16 May 2018, 1:31 am

Thanks for the response! I did wonder about the salt content, and will refrain until I find unsalted ones, and find if they are safe or not. I mean, I have oats, and baby rusks and other treats until then... Thanks again!

PrestigePetsMouseLOVR

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 16 May 2018, 8:10 am

Pistachios are safe. Almonds too, though you’ll get mixed answers there.

If you just give the salted pistachios occasionally it’ll be ok. Too much salt isn’t good but some salt is a necessary part of their diet. Usually they get all they need from whatever commercial food you have them on. So occasionally is ok. Then next time pick up unsalted so there’s no worries about over doing it. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum