Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would these Food mixes be ok???

2 posters

Go down

Would these Food mixes be ok??? Empty Would these Food mixes be ok???

Post by olimarthemouse Tue 14 Jun 2016, 10:05 am

Would any of these be ok for mice? They are all 13% protein(except one, which is 14%), and none of the first ingredients are corn. I just don't know if there's anything harmful in the mix. Could someone who knows about this check out the ingredients when they have time? I appreciate it, and thanks!

http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/small-animal/small-animal-food-treats/small-animal-food/vitakraft-vita-prima-sunscription-dwarf-hamster-formula

http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/small-animal/small-animal-food-treats/small-animal-food/vitakraft-vita-prima-sunscription-hamster-and-gerbil-formula

http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/small-animal/small-animal-food-treats/small-animal-food/vitakraft-vita-prima-sunscription-rat-mouse-and-gerbil-formula

olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Would these Food mixes be ok??? Empty Re: Would these Food mixes be ok???

Post by CallaLily Tue 14 Jun 2016, 11:27 am

The first one: I like that the first few ingredients are oats, wheat, barley, milo - and that these first ingredients are whole ingredients.  Different whole ingredients: Oats, Wheat, Steam-Rolled Barley, Milo, White Millet, Steel Cut Corn, Flaked Peas, Heat-Processed Soybeans, Sunflower Seed, Red Lentil Seeds, Dehydrated Carrots, Dehydrated Potato, Dehydrated Savoy Cabbage.  Fiber is a touch high (<10 is what I've seen recommended).

The second one: First few ingredients are wheat, oats, soy.  Different whole ingredients: Oats, Wheat, White Millet, Milo, Sunflower Seed, Whole Corn, Flaked Peas, Steam-Rolled Barley, Carob Beans, Flaked Soybeans, Peanuts, Dehydrated Sweet Potato, Dehydrated Carrots. Fiber a touch high.

Third one: First few ingredients oats, wheat, soy.  Different whole ingredients: Oat Groats, Wheat, White Millet, Milo, Flaked Soybeans, Sunflower Seed, Flaked Peas, Peanuts, Whole Corn, Carob Beans, Dehydrated Apple, Dehydrated Carrots, Dehydrated Sweet Potato (note that the dehydrated veggies are listed after the addition of calcium carbonate, so likely in very very small amounts).  A touch high fiber.

These are just things I look at in a food, in addition to the crude protein and crude fat - both of which are at an ok amount in all of these foods (though 14% crude protein is at the higher end of ok for the average pet shop mouse).  If I had to choose one of these, it would probably be the dwarf hamster mix. This is just my opinion though. Others may look at foods differently. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse Tue 14 Jun 2016, 7:29 pm

CallaLily wrote:The first one: I like that the first few ingredients are oats, wheat, barley, milo - and that these first ingredients are whole ingredients.  Different whole ingredients: Oats, Wheat, Steam-Rolled Barley, Milo, White Millet, Steel Cut Corn, Flaked Peas, Heat-Processed Soybeans, Sunflower Seed, Red Lentil Seeds, Dehydrated Carrots, Dehydrated Potato, Dehydrated Savoy Cabbage.  Fiber is a touch high (<10 is what I've seen recommended).

The second one: First few ingredients are wheat, oats, soy.  Different whole ingredients: Oats, Wheat, White Millet, Milo, Sunflower Seed, Whole Corn, Flaked Peas, Steam-Rolled Barley, Carob Beans, Flaked Soybeans, Peanuts, Dehydrated Sweet Potato, Dehydrated Carrots. Fiber a touch high.

Third one: First few ingredients oats, wheat, soy.  Different whole ingredients: Oat Groats, Wheat, White Millet, Milo, Flaked Soybeans, Sunflower Seed, Flaked Peas, Peanuts, Whole Corn, Carob Beans, Dehydrated Apple, Dehydrated Carrots, Dehydrated Sweet Potato (note that the dehydrated veggies are listed after the addition of calcium carbonate, so likely in very very small amounts).  A touch high fiber.

These are just things I look at in a food, in addition to the crude protein and crude fat - both of which are at an ok amount in all of these foods (though 14% crude protein is at the higher end of ok for the average pet shop mouse).  If I had to choose one of these, it would probably be the dwarf hamster mix. This is just my opinion though. Others may look at foods differently. Smile

Thank you so much! I'm looking for a better food. What he's eating now is ok, but their just isn't much variety.
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down