Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Reunion: Good or Bad?

2 posters

Go down

Family Reunion: Good or Bad? Empty Family Reunion: Good or Bad?

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Tue 29 May 2018, 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone!
I just added 2 more female mice to my family after losing my pregnant doe. They're all from the same "lot" at the local pet store, and as soon as I introduced them back together they began squeaking- especially between my senior (had her for 2 weeks) mouse and the larger of the two new mice.

I'm not sure if its out of fear or out of friendship, but when the mouse who I have had for 2 weeks now sees her old cage mates, squeaking ensues. There is a bit of "mounting" behavior from the senior mouse (Skunk) to the larger other mouse (Badger), but I assume this is to assert dominance over the other mice. The smallest of the three (Otter) has no issues, and is just off doing her own thing.

I realize that I should have introduced them slowly, but because they had previously shared a cage I thought it would be like a family reunion. They are all grooming one another and sharing spaces quite well, I'm just a little nervous about the squeaks. I know they could be "arguing" over space right now, and if I see blood or biting I am separating them immediately.

I am watching them very carefully, but is there anything I should be concerned about or to look out for?

Here they are (sorry for the low quality, they were very excited). Also it looks like I'm holding down Badger's tail, but there's no pressure being applied.

Here is Otter
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/91/81/99/receiv14.jpg

Here is Badger
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/91/81/99/receiv15.jpg

And here they all are together:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/91/81/99/screen10.jpg

*I applied vanilla to their bottoms as suggested in the "introductions" post, seems to be working well!*
If anyone has any advice I would be very appreciative Love

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Family Reunion: Good or Bad? Empty Re: Family Reunion: Good or Bad?

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 29 May 2018, 8:52 pm

They are all so cute. Squeaking and mounting is all normal. It sounds like everything is going good Very Happy I love the little tennis ball house you made! I think the only thing you need to watch for is blood. I think it's all going to work out fine Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Tue 29 May 2018, 11:25 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:They are all so cute. Squeaking and mounting is all normal. It sounds like everything is going good Very Happy  I love the little tennis ball house you made! I think the only thing you need to watch for is blood. I think it's all going to work out fine Very Happy

Aww thank you so much! The vanilla trick worked like a charm and now they're all just playing around! I'm going to be watching closely for any blood or severe nipping.

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum