Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!! TOO MUCH ANTIBIOTIC?!

3 posters

Go down

HELP!!! TOO MUCH ANTIBIOTIC?!  Empty HELP!!! TOO MUCH ANTIBIOTIC?!

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Tue 26 Jun 2018, 9:39 am

Hi everyone-
so my lovely fiance tried to help me give otter her medication this morning- one antibiotic and one pain medication. However, as he gave her the antibiotics I noticed he gave her 0.05 mLs of the solution rather than the 0.01 mL that was on the bottle!!! By that time it was too late and she had already taken the medication. Can anything bad happen if she ingested more than the suggested amount?

I have tried calling the vet, and all I could get was an emergency line, and it told me to wait and see. WAIT AND SEE?! I would prefer not.. so my question is, can a mouse overdose on antibiotics? She's supposed to get 0.2 ml over the course of a day...so should I just skip the next dose??

I'm gonna keep calling until I get an answer, and I get out of work in 4 hours. I worry that she might not make it that long. Does anyone have any advice?
Please PM me or comment if you have any advice.

Thank you!
xoxo, A worried mouse mom Bad Day

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! TOO MUCH ANTIBIOTIC?!  Empty Re: HELP!!! TOO MUCH ANTIBIOTIC?!

Post by chiroptera Tue 26 Jun 2018, 12:03 pm

Skip the next dose to be safe!

I'd be willing to bet that she'll be just fine; doses that small are hard to get exact anyway; I messed up many doses when I was medicating Trouble and that never hurt her.

But yeah, skip the next dose and keep an eye on her, but I wouldn't worry too much! Smile

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by River Wed 27 Jun 2018, 3:24 pm

She'll probably be fine! My mom did something similar with Graham when she was on antibiotic. She's just fine now, and we didn't notice any negative affects. Just keep an eye on her.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Fri 29 Jun 2018, 10:58 am

River wrote:She'll probably be fine! My mom did something similar with Graham when she was on antibiotic. She's just fine now, and we didn't notice any negative affects. Just keep an eye on her.

There is something that's happening while she's on this mediation- her eyes are BUGGING out of her head and she is just gasping for air after she gets medicated. After a few hours she seems fine. I called the vet and they said she might just be sick of taking the medication and is stressing herself out, but I want to make sure she's okay.

Here's a picture:
HELP!!! TOO MUCH ANTIBIOTIC?!  36357710

She has 2 more days left on her antibiotic, and she just finished her anti-inflammatory meds. So hopefully once we're done she should quit looking like this... right?

Thank you all for your help <3

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum