Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is 7 too many?

3 posters

Go down

Is 7 too many? Empty Is 7 too many?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 27 Jun 2018, 1:59 pm

I have 7 girls currently, a group of 3 and a group of 4. I would like to introduce the two groups but I'm thinking that might make too large of a group? The cage calculator says 9 can live in a 40 gallon, so I'm not too worried about space, more just about the structure of the group, I don't want them splitting into two groups and fighting, as I know that can happen in large cages with large groups. I have experience with many introductions so I'm able to tell when fighting is happening vs just a mild argument. I'm worried they might gang up on Blossom though and pick on her because she's elderly and has trouble moving around? She most likely wouldn't be able to fend for herself. Opinions? Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Is 7 too many? Empty Re: Is 7 too many?

Post by JuniperBerry55 Wed 27 Jun 2018, 5:04 pm

I also have a 40 gallon, my 7 girls live happily in there together with no problems. If you're worried about them splitting off, try just putting one larger hide in the cage so they all sleep in the same nest. I don't think you should have any problems, I hear many people say you shouldn't have more than 6 mice together but I've seen many people keep large groups together with no problems Smile

JuniperBerry55

Taurus Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 28 Jun 2018, 10:04 am

I’ve had 6 girls live in a 40 breeder, no problems. It of course depends on the mice. You won’t know til you try. Larger groups can work — it’s just most recommend not going with groups larger than 6 until a person has more mouse experience. Which you do. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum