Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help With My Cat Please!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Help With My Cat Please!!!!! Empty Help With My Cat Please!!!!!

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 19 Jun 2016, 1:10 pm

Hey guys! So I know this isn't a cat forum, but I don't really know where else to go, so I'm just gonna ask all the cat people on here.

Okay, so about ten, twenty minutes ago, Felix threw up. Before that, he kept mewling, and he sounded pained. After he threw up, he's calmed down, but every few minutes or so he'll mewl again for a little and make motions like he wants to throw up again. I'm not really sure what to do, I barely know anything about cats. He's trying to sleep now, and he still purrs when I pet him, but he's still acting strangely. Should I take him to the vet? Or should I wait a little and see? I don't know how normal vomiting is in cats. Does anyone know?

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Help With My Cat Please!!!!! Empty Re: Help With My Cat Please!!!!!

Post by Bthny Sun 19 Jun 2016, 3:55 pm

My cats would throw up somewhat regularly, so I wouldn't be immediately concerned.  Is it possible that he has a hairball or ate some string or something that's making him sick?  Was there anything in the vomit that looks like it could be the culprit?  Has anything changed that could be making him stressed?  Did he eat a lot or really quickly recently?  Is he an outdoor cat?  If so, I would be more likely to take him to the vet sooner, since you never know what he might've gotten into.

Personally, given how my cats acted, I would wait a little and see, especially since if he's enjoying petting and not moving away to hide by himself, he's probably not too sick.  However, if this is extremely abnormal for him or if he seems to be getting worse, I would take him to the vet (or at least call and see what they say).  

I hope this helps, and I hope he feels better!
Bthny
Bthny
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 20 Jun 2016, 1:06 pm

If he threw up once and seems fine, I probably wouldn't be overly worried. Maybe he ate too quickly/too much or had a hairball? Gross I know, but what did it look like? If he continues to throw up or act strangely, I would get him to the vet.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 20 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm

Agreed! If it's only once, twice at the most... Probably nothing. Kevin barfs about once a month, he loves to eat too much, too fast. As long as kitty is staying hydrated, he should be fine.

In not sure how early you start giving it, but you should probably get some hairball medicine for him. You give it like once a week I think to help prevent hairballs. My cats love it, it comes in a tube like toothpaste.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum