Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse-safe Antihistamine?

2 posters

Go down

Mouse-safe Antihistamine? Empty Mouse-safe Antihistamine?

Post by Lizardian Tue 28 Aug 2018, 8:06 pm

This isn't an emergency but my mouse seems to be having some sinus issues after switching bedding from carefresh to hemp (because it was cheaper). I am going to switch the bedding back to the carefresh because I suspect he's having allergic responses to the hemp bedding.

Anyway, I was told by a random person online that giving a 4th of a claritin could also help... Is there anyone that could confirm this or link me to a page with a list of mouse-safe over the counter medicines? Of course I take this with grain of salt, since I know a lot of people can give bad pet advice. I haven't seen any other reputable posts about it online. So my question is: is an over-the-counter antihistamine like claritin safe for mice usage? I may not even need to use it after I switch the bedding back to the carefresh, but I figure it's never a bad idea to have this info handy for future reference.

Aries

Back to top Go down

Mouse-safe Antihistamine? Empty Re: Mouse-safe Antihistamine?

Post by CallaLily Wed 29 Aug 2018, 10:26 am

This is a question for your veterinarian. It’s not usually a good idea to get this sort of advice from random people on the internet who are probably unqualified to answer. Very Happy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum