Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which fresh foods do your mice love?

4 posters

Go down

Which fresh foods do your mice love? Empty Which fresh foods do your mice love?

Post by Squidly Sun 09 Sep 2018, 4:24 pm

So I have had some adopted girls for about 3 weeks now, and I try to give them a small amount of something fresh each day. I already buy lots of frozen veggies and fruits, and I grab these items (and thaw them to room temp of course) for my mice!

The only thing they have eaten so far, though, are peas and carrots. They are crazy about the peas, and will give the carrots a nibble. But I have also tried fresh apple, bell pepper, blueberries, and raspberries, and they couldn't care less about those. I have to clean them all up uneaten!

I'm okay with feeding them peas and carrots for the rest of their lives, lol, but I would love make sure they get a little vitamin c or something fruity, just because in my mind that should be good for them, right? Has anyone else had picky eaters?
Squidly
Squidly
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Which fresh foods do your mice love? Empty Re: Which fresh foods do your mice love?

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sun 09 Sep 2018, 11:14 pm

My mice ignore apples, blueberries, strawberries, and banana. They throw them around in the cage. They like watermelon the most and cooked sweet corn.

Back to top Go down

Which fresh foods do your mice love? Empty Re: Which fresh foods do your mice love?

Post by CallaLily Mon 10 Sep 2018, 7:20 am

Most of my mice loved leafy greens. I would often get a “spring mix” salad blend and share with them. They would nibble apples and most berries. They never showed interest in fresh banana but loved banana chips. Broccoli tops were usually well nibbled too. Funnily enough, most of mine ignored carrot but like yours seemed to enjoy peas somewhat. Corn too. Cooked grains were usually well received too. Cauliflower was a straight up no. Cucumber and zucchini were sometimes nibbled. I’ve offered asparagus with little interest. Green beans were mostly ignored too.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjling Mon 10 Sep 2018, 9:48 pm

Cilantro, Spinach, Basil, Edamame, Carrot, Small amounts of apple, my girls like a lot of things, and dislike a lot of things. I give them new vegetables all the time, either when I see something they might like at the grocery store or when my girlfriend's store has new vegetables available for the staff to take home free. Just a matter of experimenting!

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

https://Belovedmice.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Squidly Tue 11 Sep 2018, 4:59 am

Very cool responses, thank you! I'll have to try some more leafy things and see if they go for it. It's quite fun to see how they react to new foods.
Squidly
Squidly
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down