Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chewing Popsicles Sticks?

3 posters

Go down

Chewing Popsicles Sticks? Empty Chewing Popsicles Sticks?

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:35 pm

I bought pop. sticks from the craft store to make toys for my girls with and they have absolutely loved the homemade ladder and platform I made for them. I am concerned about how good these are for them to chew? Skye is chewing up the platform as we speak and I am not sure if it is giving her splinters? Also, I used little bits of hot glue for adhesive so I am scared that Skye may ingest too much and get an intestinal blockage.
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Chewing Popsicles Sticks? Empty Re: Chewing Popsicles Sticks?

Post by scaredymouse Mon 20 Jun 2016, 1:03 am

It's perfectly safe, that's why we use and recommend popsicle sticks. They can chew wood without getting splinters. Mice need to chew to keep their teeth healthy. Also, the hot glue is non toxic. Most likely, they will not be eating it but if they do, it won't hurt them.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Mon 20 Jun 2016, 1:07 am

Great to know, thanks! Any advice on how to keep them clean?
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 20 Jun 2016, 1:17 am

Impossible!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 20 Jun 2016, 7:04 am

Hehe mice do love to chew popsicle sticks, I think it's half the fun for them Razz
For keeping them clean, you can remove any poops you see, but as it is wood, if they pee on it there's not much you can do. Eventually it could get smelly and very chewed up, and that's when it's time to throw it out and make something new Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum