Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New wheel, I'm psyched!

4 posters

Go down

New wheel, I'm psyched! Empty New wheel, I'm psyched!

Post by susb8383c Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:12 pm

Finally somebody came out with a wheel that meets all my criteria! Yay!

I wanted a wheel that is
1) big enough
2) has bearings
3) is easy to clean
4) is one piece

I would prefer mesh, but that's too much to hope for. The only choices up to now have been:

Silent Spinner: never got this one because I've read that the two pieces of plastic can separate, making it dangerous because a foot can get stuck. Plus no bearings. (IMO a wheel without bearings is never going to be silent because there's friction when it spins)

Silent Runner: which is just a Wodent Wheel copy but with bearings. All of those wheels with a separate front/back piece and track that has a connector are so hard to clean, and gunk gets in all the crevices.

But...I just saw the Prevue came out with a new set of wheels. They're similar to the plastic of the Silent Spinner but they are all one piece. And they have bearings, so that should translate into a quiet spin.

I'm excited. I'm going to get one and I'll post about how I like it.

And they're big enough for mice! I'm going to get the 6 inch for Woodstock, but they also have 8 and 9.5.

Now if only someone would come out with a mesh wheel that has bearings and is all one piece.  But...I don't think that's possible.

susb8383c
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

New wheel, I'm psyched! Empty Re: New wheel, I'm psyched!

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:29 pm

Invent it! You can do it!

Just in case you decide to do that ...

If you find a patent attorney who can negotiate a sale or license of your inventive concept, AFTER a patent application has been filed, the agreement could include that the purchaser or licensee pays for the patent expenses, as well as paying you lump sum, installments, royalties, or whatever. Then you don't get hit so hard with the high cost of obtaining patent protection.

If you were to go into the inventing business, be sure of two things: (1) Keep your work secret. Any public disclosure starts a clock ticking on when you must have an application filed by. (2) If you wish to sell or license your invention, make sure you find an intellectual property law firm that knows how to do that. Manufacturing companies tend to refuse to look at outside submissions, because they do not want to be sued for stealing somebody's invention in the event they just happen to already be working on something of the same general sort.

Oh -- and watch out for those invention submission companies that advertise on radio and on late-night telly. The patents they get for people are nice for vanity purposes, but they tend to not cover very much useful inventive territory.

Bet you weren't expecting THAT for a response here!!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Mon 05 Nov 2018, 8:02 pm

@susb8383c Could you link to those new wheels? The Gamer Girls need a second wheel soon and I'm looking into options. (Also, for what it's worth, I've never had a Silent Spinner come apart on me, in fact I only realized last night that I could take them apart, and it took some figuring out.)

@MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop You always have the loveliest insight, it's a treat when you post and share stories of little April!- but this is certainly a new avenue of information to share here !

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:58 am

Thank you, chiroptera, that is very kind.

And I like bats too. Pretty much all animals, but I'd love to have a bat house. I miss working by the swamp, where I could stand outside and watch them come out on summer evenings.

But my current temporary sojourner is a little brown inchworm that just seemed to materialize crawling along the edge of some papers in front of me on my work surface 2½ weeks ago. I couldn't dump it outside in the cold!! It is subsisting on second-bloom cherry blossoms, so I have named it "Lalapua", which is Hawaiian for "cherry blossom". (It goes after the pollen balls, and gets pollen all over its face and hands -- sigh.)

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by susb8383c Mon 24 Dec 2018, 9:13 pm

@chiroptera So sorry I didn't see your post!

Yup, it's this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Wheel-Prevue-Bearings-Bundled/dp/B07KV3LLFR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545707496&sr=8-3&keywords=quiet+wheel+prevue

I've ordered it myself so I'll try to post a review.

They also have an 8 inch and a 9.5 inch.

susb8383c
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Mon 24 Dec 2018, 11:01 pm

Oooh it looks really nice! I definitely put that on my pet wishlist~ Thanks for showing me!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j.n379 Tue 12 Feb 2019, 4:09 pm

Today in reasons I never trust Amazon....

New wheel, I'm psyched! Screen10

Over a hundred dollars. For a wheel. And some painted rice puffs.
j.n379
j.n379

Back to top Go down

Post by susb8383c Tue 19 Mar 2019, 9:48 pm

Those prices on Amazon Canada are always through the roof, probably because they ship from the U.S. On Amazon US it is only $35.99 or so.

susb8383c
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum