Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swollen Crusty Eye

2 posters

Go down

Swollen Crusty Eye Empty Swollen Crusty Eye

Post by Mlo Sun 25 Nov 2018, 6:58 am

One of our mice who is about a year old now, her name is skitters Smile has recently started to get a little bit of a crusty eye only on one side. I have been cleaning it regularly with saline solution but it is getting a little bit worse in the last day. (I've attached a photo but its a bit blurry)
I was just wondering if there was something other than saline I could be putting on there or cleaning it with. In the last 2 months we have taken another one of our mice died babies to the vet to do with a irritated ear and gave us some ointment to put on there which didn't seem to do a great deal but was wondering if I could put some of that on her eye. It says it's a ear and eye ointment, the only thing that worries me is that it says its for dogs, cats and horses. I've attached some photos of the ointment to see if anyone has used it on mice before or if any of the ingredients arent safe for mice.
We have three other mice and all of them are in perfect health so I dont think its anything contagious but I would really appreciate some other opinions on what I should do.
Thanks Kiss

Swollen Crusty Eye Resize10
Swollen Crusty Eye 20181110
Swollen Crusty Eye 20181111

Mlo

Back to top Go down

Swollen Crusty Eye Empty Re: Swollen Crusty Eye

Post by AmyLynn Sat 12 Jan 2019, 3:38 pm

So, I am thinking that you issue has probably been resolved at this point. But it you are still needing some help you could try these.

https://vetericyn.com/eye-ear-care/

My Current Mouse Family
         Group Hug
Does:                             Bucks:                    
Ruby                            Pepper
Princess Fluffles       Stuart
Bianca                         Chestnut
Dottie                          Tiny
                                   Mogwai
                                   Ninja

AmyLynn
AmyLynn