Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waking times.

2 posters

Go down

Waking times.   Empty Waking times.

Post by Mollymouse Thu 03 Jan 2019, 5:17 pm

I got my first ever mouse last Sunday. Everything I have ever read says mice are cropuscular but mine seems to be very much nocturnal. He wakes at around 11pm and is awake throughout the night but by the time I wake up in the morning he is asleep and stays that way throughout the day. This is meaning that it’s been very difficult to start taming him. A couple nights I managed to stay awake to put my hand in the cage for him to sniff and climb on (he was actually very brave and happily climbed onto my hand) but other than that I have been unable to interact with him. He is just a baby so is this something he may grow out of? Is there anyway I can wake him without stressing him out?

Mollymouse

Sagittarius Happy

Back to top Go down

Waking times.   Empty Re: Waking times.

Post by Peachy Fri 04 Jan 2019, 8:43 am

In my experience there schedule will change to match up more with yours the more you tame them. I had a couple males who caught on to routine and waited for me to come let them out of their cages. Daylight savings time was a disaster! lol

He probably quietly gets up to snack throughout the day, so see if you can catch him while he’s snacking and take him out for some play time. If not, there’s nothing wrong with politely waking him while spot cleaning, feeding, changing out water, etc.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down