Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinchilla!

+11
Brynne
MesaMouse
lupus_corde
River
Artistwolf
MouseLover
Rodents rock!
CinnamonPearl
CallaLily
Peachy
scaredymouse
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Empty Re: Chinchilla!

Post by scaredymouse Sun 03 Jul 2016, 1:38 am

oh my gosh, I've only had them for 4 days but I thought I would see if they wanted to come out. They are still really skiddish, but they let me scratch their heads and take treats from my hand. I put a little ladder down and opened the cage door and pretty soon they ventured out. They frolicked about making cute little noises! Chloe even hopped on my lap and it took all my willpower not to grab her but kept my hands to myself and let them explore. The happily came over to me and gave me a thorough sniffing. After a while, I said time to go home and those little chins hopped back in the cage! I'm so in love. Next thing we need to tackle is litter training! I found the pee spot, so I put a dish there with paper bedding... we'll see what happens. They are very smart. The are 5 years old and have been at the rescue for nearly a year, with little handling and no free range time. One of them is pretty chubby, which although cute, it concerns me. So I was so happy to see them hopping around and getting some exercise.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 03 Jul 2016, 7:52 am

Aaw that is so cute! I was wondering if chinchillas make noises. I guess I have my answer Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:48 am

That's awesome they're warming up so quickly. I've never had any chins but I thought I read somewhere that this type of play/bonding is preferred by them over being picked up and held? They're super cute. My middle son was interested in getting one a while back but after a bit of research we tabled that idea indefinitely. Instead he got Akiko.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:33 pm

scaredymouse wrote:oh my gosh, I've only had them for 4 days but I thought I would see if they wanted to come out. They are still really skiddish, but they let me scratch their heads and take treats from my hand.  I put a little ladder down and opened the cage door and pretty soon they ventured out.  They frolicked about making cute little noises!  Chloe even hopped on my lap and it took all my willpower not to grab her but kept my hands to myself and let them explore.  The happily came over to me and gave me a thorough sniffing.  After a while, I said time to go home and those little chins hopped back in the cage!  I'm so in love.  Next thing we need to tackle is litter training!  I found the pee spot, so I put a dish there with paper bedding... we'll see what happens.  They are very smart.  The are 5 years old and have been at the rescue for nearly a year, with little handling and no free range time.  One of them is pretty chubby, which although cute, it concerns me.  So I was so happy to see them hopping around and getting some exercise.
They sure sound like a lot of fun! I'm glad they came out of the cage and had a good time running around. I'm so
happy you have them now so they have great home with a loving mom!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 07 Jul 2016, 3:56 pm

My poor chins are so out of shape!  Ive been letting them out every day but after about 20 minutes, both of them run back to their cage and melt into naps.  Baby steps!

This one is Zoey

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Wp_20220

This lumpy one is Chloe Smile

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Wp_20221

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 07 Jul 2016, 4:06 pm

Oh my gosh I just can't get over how floofy fluffy they look! Adorable. Heart

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Thu 07 Jul 2016, 6:52 pm

Such chubby cuties!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 07 Jul 2016, 7:08 pm

Do you even know how hard it is for my not the grab them and squeeze them! It takes every bit of self discipline I have to give them their space so they feel safe around me. They are very timid, so it's a huge deal that they even feel safe enough to hop on my lap. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow... but soon, i'm going to get my hands on them!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 07 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm

Chinchilla fat camp Wink just kidding. Having a run around will do them some good, they'll be fit as a fiddle soon. Oh it must be so hard not to have a squeeze. I want to smush them against my face Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 08 Jul 2016, 6:40 am

I got to pet the fat one last night!  Progress!  And now, more pictures.  Chloe loves to lay down with her face smooth.  I want to give it kisses!  Soon...

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Wp_20228

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Wp_20225

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Wp_20226

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Wp_20227

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Fri 08 Jul 2016, 9:22 am

Those two are super adorable. Like fluffy squirrel rabbits.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Fri 08 Jul 2016, 10:02 am

I'm overwhelmed by cuteness!!! So cute!!!
I just want to hug them!!!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:31 am

They are so cute!!!!! I'm so glad you have them and now they have a wonderful and loving home. Smile
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 23 Jul 2016, 9:38 am

I am delighted to report that my chinchillas are litter trained already!  It was pretty easy.  Find where they like to pee... then put a litter box there.  I actually have two pee dishes in the cage and they use both of them, which is fine by me.  There is plenty of room for two potty's.  I'm so happy they use the litter box!  I didn't want to have to change/wash all those fleece shelf liners every couple days.

Have I mentioned how much I adore them?  I had them out for playtime last night and they were running all over me.  The still don't want me to pet them but they are making progress.  Yay! Applause

Oh, and here's a picture that I don't think I posted yet... they love each other Jump Hearts

Chinchilla! - Page 4 Wp_20267

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 23 Jul 2016, 10:59 am

Nice. After just cleaning the mouse tank, I wish they would use a potty. Laughing

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum