Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Cow

+11
Ealexander
CallaLily
MouseLover
MesaMouse
stephlisa
AnonymousMouseOwner
Peachy
GabbiLuvsMice
Rodents rock!
scaredymouse
CinnamonPearl
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Little Cow Empty Little Cow

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:40 am

My precious baby cow. The little girl had been tired today, but when I walked into my room a few hours ago to see her lying on the porch of their little popsicle stick house, all alone and breathing shallowly, I knew it was her time. The girls were busy with their own stuff, so I pulled her out and sat her down on my lap, and we waited together. She was so exhausted, she hardly moved the entire time except to get comfortable again if I would move. 

When midnight struck, I knew it was time. She panicked for a moment and tried to walk around, but she could hardly even walk. I think one of her legs was no longer working, but I was never able to figure out which one. She nearly fell off me, but I caught her in time, and she just lay there gasping. Ten minutes later, she died. 

I don't even know how to begin to describe how much I love this mouse. She's one of the best friends I ever had. Always there, always willing to come out and play. We have so many beautiful memories together, and I'm so thankful for each and every one of them. Even with a tumor a quarter of her body weight, she was happy and cheerful and annoying as ever to the very last day. 

Little Cow 1-26-110
Little Cow 8-3-1510
Little Cow 10-3-110
Little Cow 2-18-110
Little Cow 2-19-110

Little Cow 6-3-1610

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Little Cow Empty Re: Little Cow

Post by scaredymouse Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:49 am

Oh Cinna... I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure it was a great comfort to her for you to be with her at the end. The pictures you posted of her are very sweet. She couldn't have been loved more.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:50 am

Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss. She is at peace now. She will forever be in your heart and you in hers. What a special little girl. (((Hugs)))
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:53 am

Aww sounds like such a cutie.. At least she died in your hands wrapped in love and being cradled. I would be so devastated to come home to a dead mouse. So sorry for your loss, welcome Cow to the rainbow bridge. Sad
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:57 am

Oh, my heart sank for you. I'm very sorry to hear about Little Cow. She had such a personality, the sweet little handful,  and I loved hearing about it. I hope you and your other girls are doing alright.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 28 Jun 2016, 3:08 am

I'm so sorry! She was a good mouse, and will be missed, but at least she's in peace now. I'm glad you got to spend her last moments with her, and I'm sure she's glad too.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 28 Jun 2016, 3:22 am

I'm so sorry for you :-( she sounded a lovely mouse to own. At least you got to spend her last moments with her so she knew she was loved to the end. May she rest in peace.

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:56 am

So sorry for your loss, Cinna, but I'm glad Little Cow was able to pass on her own terms being held by her mom. She was a beautiful mouse and will live on in your heart and your memories.

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:05 am

So sorry to hear this CinnamonPearl Sad but it sounds as if her passing was natural and peaceful and I'm glad she got to drift away in the comfort of her own home, with the human and mice who love her. Much better than at the vets I think.

We all know how hard it is to say goodbye to our tiny friends. Our thoughts are with you.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:57 am

I'm so sorry, Cinnamon. I'm glad you could be there for her during her last moments. She was such a spunky girl. She will be missed by us all. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ealexander Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:57 pm

Poor Little Cow. Sad Condolences, CinnamonPearl.
Ealexander
Ealexander
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Tue 28 Jun 2016, 3:59 pm

It sounds as though she went peacefully- and she had a lovely life, among many friends, with tons of treats. She had the best life she could have had. Are your other girls dealing with the loss alright? How are you feeling?

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 28 Jun 2016, 4:12 pm

Thank you everyone, you've all been so nice.

Mabel, Rosie, and Egg are thankfully all doing fine. Mabel, Rosie, and I all had a nice morning together. Egg I haven't seen today, but she was never incredibly fond of Little Cow, so I think she'll be okay too. I'm doing fine for now, my other girls have been a wonderful comfort. I'm sure it'll hit me again later, but I've always been decent at dealing with these sorts of things.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 29 Jun 2016, 5:39 pm

I'm so sorry. Little Cow was such a special little mouse, and I loved hearing all those funny stories. He will be missed.

Last edited by Artistwolf on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling.)

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Wed 29 Jun 2016, 9:57 pm

So sorry for your loss Cinna. Little Cow never knew how lucky she got when she made her way into your house and heart. She must have felt safe to be with you right up to the end.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: