Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro after a bit of skulking around

+6
CallaLily
MouseLover
Artistwolf
CinnamonPearl
Peachy
CAPSLOCK
10 posters

Go down

Intro after a bit of skulking around Empty Intro after a bit of skulking around

Post by CAPSLOCK Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:43 pm

I've been skulking around for a little bit, but thought I'd do an intro now that I have gotten my little ladies!  

Yesterday I adopted 4 black female mice from the animal shelter where I work.  I'd been researching as well as acquiring quite a pile of supplies in anticipation, waiting for some mice to arrive needing a new home.  I've got them in a 20g tank.

The story was that the owner wasn't cleaning their cage because they weren't friendly, and she was getting "complaints."  I have no idea how scuzzy a mouse tank has to get before you get complaints...  

The gals are supposed to be about 6 months old.  One has about a centimeter of white on the end of her tail, one's tail is all black, and the other two each have a tiny white tip.  Haven't figured out how to tell those two apart yet.  

When I've put my hand in, no one has attempted to come after me, nor are they overly scared, so I think they'll come around nicely.  I have been letting them settle in and haven't tried picking anyone up yet.  

These are my first mice.  Years and years ago, I had hamsters, and then guinea pigs and rats.  I'd taken a rodent hiatus for the last 8 years and am excited to have little furry faces again!

I'm looking forward to continue learning about these fascinating little lives and being a member of this community.

~Becky
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Intro after a bit of skulking around Empty Re: Intro after a bit of skulking around

Post by Peachy Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:55 pm

Hi, Becky! The mouse in my avatar is named Becky. Razz

Congrats on your mice! I've seen your posts but didn't realize you didn't have any, yet. It's wonderful that you were able to rescue those poor girls. I hope you'll have fun with them! Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Intro after a bit of skulking around Empty Re: Intro after a bit of skulking around

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:03 pm

Welcome! Congrats on your new girls. Self blacks are some of my favorites (though I guess one is technically a broken black). Best of luck!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:08 pm

Thank you.

I love black animals - in this case it'd be nice if there was some variation for ID purposes though.

I'll snag some pics of them in the next few days, as well as their new digs!

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:22 pm

That's great! What a horrible situation you got them from. Like, they're not friendly? Then the owner should have just worked harder on it! Sigh. Doh
Anyway, they sound adorable!! I'd love to see photos!!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 30 Jun 2016, 7:50 am

Woo! Congrats! Dance

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:13 am

hello3 Congrats on your new mice.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:17 am

Yay! Yahoo Lucky mice! They'll have a wonderful home with you...and a clean tank Giggling .

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by River Thu 30 Jun 2016, 2:16 pm

The last two sound just like my black girl - did you check the toes to see if there's nny difference on the whiteness there of not? Either way, you'll learn. Sounds cute!

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm

Welcome Becky! Glad you adopted those girls. And even if they weren't friendly, that is no excuse for the prior owner not to clean the tank. My mouse, Mickey, is new and I haven't been able to pick him up yet, but I clean his tank. In fact I did it tonight. I just held a plastic critter carrier in his tank and put a cardboard roll and some food in there and he couldn't resist getting in. He kept busy in there while I cleaned his tank, then when his tank was all ready for him, I held the carrier down in the tank and he crawled out and started exploring his clean tank.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by libbylovesmice Mon 04 Jul 2016, 5:14 pm

That's no excuse to not clean their tank! Well, I'm glad they have a great new home with you. They sound adorable!

libbylovesmice

Gemini Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down