Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the heck, Canada

2 posters

Go down

What the heck, Canada Empty What the heck, Canada

Post by j.n379 Wed 27 Feb 2019, 11:32 pm

Friggin ivermectin...
Literally no clue why they want fifty bucks for 50mL of something that's apparently cheap across the (literally 10 minutes drive away) US border.
And I cannot drive and my boyfriend doesn't have the ID required to cross that border and I'm not well enough to walk across even though that's a thing people do. I barely made it next door today.
I'm going to be SO mad if the vet wants that much for a few drops of medicine, or doesn't want to provide it at all which is a possibility since apparently from reading the news, we can't even get it here for humans who need it!
He's still fine but I'm getting worried about Gus being uncomfortable or it progressing, whatever it is. And if humans are so unable to access ivermectin that doctors are smuggling it here, I'm not sure the vet will have it. The farm supply store doesn't carry it. Amazon does, but it's unclear if any are topical and the actual dosages of mg/ml aren't visible online so who knows what I'd be giving him.
j.n379
j.n379

Back to top Go down

What the heck, Canada Empty Re: What the heck, Canada

Post by Peachy Thu 28 Feb 2019, 6:44 pm

Being able to walk across the border sounds like an amazing thing!!

Hopefully your vet will have an alternative to ivermectin if you can’t find a way to find it cheaply. I know some have used Revolution but I have no further info on that.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by j.n379 Fri 01 Mar 2019, 4:12 pm

A HUNDRED AND FORTY DOLLARS!
And yes they used 0.1mL of Revolution which I already have at home and could have just bought a syringe to get a tiny bit of it out. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. That's definitely the plan if this ever happens again, because I can get Revolution for my dog as a preventative without paying for a consult.
I'm so mad. That's so ridiculous. Then again I shouldn't be surprised, that same vet charged over ten times the human price for my dog's prednisone.
j.n379
j.n379

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum