Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adopting an “Aggressive” Mouse

3 posters

Go down

Adopting an “Aggressive” Mouse Empty Adopting an “Aggressive” Mouse

Post by PeachesandPepper92918 Thu 25 Apr 2019, 6:03 am

Hello! Recently a female mouse was put up for adoption from a local shelter, and because that never happens where I live, I immediately inquired to adopt her. After talking to them, I discovered that she apparently can’t be held and bites quite frequently. She was originally bought by a family from a pet store, who brought her to this shelter because she was “too mean”. Of course, I don’t know a lot of details, so I’m not too sure what exactly could be stemming her behavior. It even kind of sounds like they are just reaching in there and forcefully picking her up, and she is reacting out of fear ( this shelter doesn’t typically take in small animals). Anyway, we are going to pick her up this weekend, and I wanted to know your experiences with aggressive mice. Thanks!

Current mice: Pheobe, Blossom, Daffodil, Zinnia, Marigold,
and Aster
Remembering: Peaches, Pepper, Tulip, Orchid, Iris, Luna, Noche, Mrs. Frisby, Daisy, and Benson
PeachesandPepper92918
PeachesandPepper92918

Back to top Go down

Adopting an “Aggressive” Mouse Empty Re: Adopting an “Aggressive” Mouse

Post by CallaLily Sat 27 Apr 2019, 5:54 pm

I don’t have any experience with a bitey mouse but good luck! I’m glad it didn’t turn you away from adopting her. I bet with friends and patience, she'll come around.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 28 Apr 2019, 9:53 am

I agree about friends and patience! I wouldn’t have called any of my biters aggressive. Some were territorial and wanted their space, others were just scared... I’ve had a mouse that would chase my hand around her cage trying to bite it just for the attention. If I said hello to her before I did her sisters she was happy and would refrain. My boy Yoshi started biting when he was about a year, turned out he was one part territorial and one part brat. He’d bite if my hand inconvenienced his sweater time, if he didn’t want to be pet, if he was ready to go home. I loved that kid so much so he got away with it! Kiss

Go slow and let her come to you, with time she’ll learn you’re a friend who brings along fun adventures and yummy treats!
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeachesandPepper92918 Sun 28 Apr 2019, 3:06 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I think she was just reacting out of fear. Peaches used to give me a little nibble if I ended playtime early, and Iris is ALWAYS trying to chew on my fingernails. It’s actually mostly broken my nail-biting habit, because if they were to short she would miss and bite my finger instead. So, thanks Iris Ear wiggle

Current mice: Pheobe, Blossom, Daffodil, Zinnia, Marigold,
and Aster
Remembering: Peaches, Pepper, Tulip, Orchid, Iris, Luna, Noche, Mrs. Frisby, Daisy, and Benson
PeachesandPepper92918
PeachesandPepper92918

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down