Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse chirps?

4 posters

Go down

Mouse chirps? Empty Mouse chirps?

Post by BrendoniUrie Thu 09 May 2019, 12:18 am

I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with this behavior. When my mice are in their nest and about to wake up for the night like right now, one of them is squeaking, making kind of like a chirping noise. It's not distressed or anything, so I'm not worried about it, but I was just wondering, are they dreaming and squeaking in their sleep or something? I was just listening to it, and right now it is 10:18 p.m. where I am.

Passed away:
[/i] Jay
the Betta
BrendoniUrie
BrendoniUrie
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Mouse chirps? Empty Re: Mouse chirps?

Post by PeachesandPepper92918 Thu 09 May 2019, 8:27 pm

Yeah, mice will dream and squeak in their sleep, I’ve had this happen to me with both mice and hamsters. My mouse Pheobe also makes these little chirps when she’s happy or curious, often when I am playing with her, which I adore. They are all just such unique little critters Smile

Current mice: Pheobe, Blossom, Daffodil, Zinnia, Marigold,
and Aster
Remembering: Peaches, Pepper, Tulip, Orchid, Iris, Luna, Noche, Mrs. Frisby, Daisy, and Benson
PeachesandPepper92918
PeachesandPepper92918

Back to top Go down

Post by BrendoniUrie Thu 09 May 2019, 9:11 pm

Oh geez, that's too precious. I don't know why more people don't love mice! They're such agile, curious, and sweet little creatures!

Passed away:
[/i] Jay
the Betta
BrendoniUrie
BrendoniUrie
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 10 May 2019, 2:49 pm

I noticed that sometimes when I heard chirping or little squeaks while they were snuggled in their nest, it was during grooming sessions. Mostly in a way that suggested they were enjoying it. Sometimes a little louder, like maybe the grooming session got a little too much.

I had one girl that would chatter at me when I went to get her out or after putting her back in a new arrangement. It always came across to me as her being annoyed with me, like she was telling me off. I could be wrong though.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MicoMice Fri 10 May 2019, 6:37 pm

BrendoniUrie wrote:Oh geez, that's too precious. I don't know why more people don't love mice! They're such agile, curious, and sweet little creatures!

I think it's due to the fact they can pretty annoying to some. While I love and adore them and find them fascinating, let's not forget what form of impact they can have when they're not invited into your house.

The worst is that so many buy them to feed other species... when i went to buy a new one very recently, as soon as i said i wanted a mouse the seller replied with a smile "it's for a snake? " "no" *smile disappears*.

Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum