Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mouse isn't moving please help!!

2 posters

Go down

My mouse isn't moving please help!! Empty My mouse isn't moving please help!!

Post by maren Sat 25 May 2019, 7:34 am

My mouse Butternut has recently lost her two sisters due to tumors and is now all alone in her cage. She's quite skittish (I can't pick her up) as well as almost a year old, so I'm wary about trying to bond her with another in case it doesn't work out, or that it does and I end up with an unending cycle of mice. However, I'm afraid being alone might not be so good for her, as she's been pooping way more, and now she isn't moving!! I just cleaned her cage out, which may have been more high-stress than usual due to being alone, and my cats got into the room and jumped on top of her cage at one point. I shut them out, of course, but when I looked back at her tank she was sitting in the 2nd story of her house not moving, just lying there and looking at me. It's been half an hour and she hasn't moved, I'm really worried about her. What should I do? Is she playing dead? Please help!!

maren

Cancer Zen

Back to top Go down

My mouse isn't moving please help!! Empty Re: My mouse isn't moving please help!!

Post by maren Sat 25 May 2019, 7:37 am

Also, she's in a 40 gallon breeder tank... could that be contributing? Is it too small/big?

maren

Cancer Zen

Back to top Go down

My mouse isn't moving please help!! Empty Re: My mouse isn't moving please help!!

Post by CallaLily Sat 25 May 2019, 2:35 pm

She may be depressed after losing her tank mates or the cat may have frightened her. Try keeping her busy with switching toys around often, puzzle toys, play time, scatter feeding, etc.

It would probably be best to get her a couple friends to introduce her to after a proper quarantine but if you were wanting to get out of keeping mice you could just continue to give her plenty of activities, one on one time with you, and daily play time in a safe space outside of her home. Like you would for a lone male.

Also make sure her tank is jam packed full of hides and toys. The size shouldn’t be an issue but they don’t do well with open spaces.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum