Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

he peed on me lol, what does it mean

4 posters

Go down

he peed on me lol, what does it mean Empty he peed on me lol, what does it mean

Post by Moose Tue 04 Jun 2019, 4:44 pm

hello! so my husband and i got back from food shopping and i saw our mouse was running on his wheel, so i put my hand in his bin to say hi and he hopped right on. we’ve only had him about 4 days and we had him out running around us last night with no pee accident (just some poop), but when i just picked him up to say hello he peed in my hand! i let him finish his business and then gently put him back because obviously i didn’t want him sitting in his tinkle. i’m worried it’s because he was scared, because he didn’t seem frightened to get on my hand at all but maybe i read him wrong? i felt like we made such good progress last night Sad could he have been scent marking?

also he’s not taking the treats i offer him. so far i tried a small piece of apple, a sunflower seed, and a pumpkin seed. i have no idea how to bribe him to love me, lol!

thank you! <3

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

he peed on me lol, what does it mean Empty Re: he peed on me lol, what does it mean

Post by CallaLily Tue 04 Jun 2019, 7:30 pm

Maybe he just had to pee, so he did! Laughing Or he may have been marking. Either way, it happens sometimes.

My mice were never too picky but I’ve read here that others had trouble finding a fav treat. Just keep trying and you’ll likely find one that he likes. But more importantly keep up the interaction and play time. Sounds like he already loves you for you. Wink

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

he peed on me lol, what does it mean Empty Re: he peed on me lol, what does it mean

Post by Moose Tue 04 Jun 2019, 7:42 pm

CallaLily wrote:Maybe he just had to pee, so he did!  Laughing  Or he may have been marking. Either way, it happens sometimes.

My mice were never too picky but I’ve read here that others had trouble finding a fav treat. Just keep trying and you’ll likely find one that he likes. But more importantly keep up the interaction and play time. Sounds like he already loves you for you. Wink

aw thanks for the reply and advice! i’ll keep trying safe treats for him. i sure hope he loves me because i love him A TON already, lol <3

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Wed 05 Jun 2019, 3:05 am

@amousewhosqueaks having rodents means you gotta be okay with poos and pees! every time i get a mouse out i get at /least/ one poo, and when i get the boys out it's pretty much guaranteed i'll get a pee. (not that the girls don't too)

it's certainly nothing to think too hard about, it just happens! Wink

it seems like you're making great progress with your little guy!! he seems super comfortable with you, which is great!

as for favorite treats, it really depends on the mouse! i will say though that most of my mice (especially pet store mice) won't eat outside of their bins for me at all. so far, spider and nellie will eat from my hand! they seem to love harvest cheddar sun chips, they don't mind goldfish crackers either~

oh and checkers LOVED walnuts, to the point where when she was really sick, the only thing she would eat for my roommates was walnuts Laughing

you seem like you're gonna be great mouse parents for your little guy!!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Wed 05 Jun 2019, 10:56 am

chiroptera wrote:@amousewhosqueaks having rodents means you gotta be okay with poos and pees! every time i get a mouse out i get at /least/ one poo, and when i get the boys out it's pretty much guaranteed i'll get a pee. (not that the girls don't too)

it's certainly nothing to think too hard about, it just happens! Wink

it seems like you're making great progress with your little guy!! he seems super comfortable with you, which is great!

as for favorite treats, it really depends on the mouse! i will say though that most of my mice (especially pet store mice) won't eat outside of their bins for me at all. so far, spider and nellie will eat from my hand! they seem to love harvest cheddar sun chips, they don't mind goldfish crackers either~

oh and checkers LOVED walnuts, to the point where when she was really sick, the only thing she would eat for my roommates was walnuts Laughing

you seem like you're gonna be great mouse parents for your little guy!!
thank you so much for your advice! yeah, i'm totally ok with him peeing on me as long as he's not scared, lol Smile
you seem like a great mouse mommy, too! i love coming on here, lol. Love
maybe eventually he'll take treats from me. he is indeed from a pet store so maybe that's why, but i won't force him.

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 05 Jun 2019, 12:04 pm

As time goes on, I'm sure I forget some of the treats my little boopster enjoyed, but here's a list off the top of my head.  Some were more of daily additions to her routine (Cheerios, romaine, baby cereal), whereas others she might get a few times a week, a few times a month, or once in a great while, depending on what I had around.

of course, plain Cheerios
Grape-Nuts
rolled oats or the rolled oat/wheat/rye/barley blend
sesame seeds (left in the bagel bag!)
dandelion tops gone to seed (from an area that has not been fertilized, or treated for weeds or bugs)
romaine lettuce or baby greens (ixnay on the spinach, though)
lambsquarters leaves and seed heads (ditto the dandelion caution)
sweet potato puree
freeze-dried banana slices
freeze-dried shrimp or salmon bits  (the shrimps were cat treats; the salmon bits were for ferrets)
mixed-grain baby porridge -- plain, flavored with fruit, or made with juice instead of water
cooked buckwheat porridge -- plain or sweetened with a bit of honey or maple syrup
plain popped popcorn -- just the poofy part, all hull removed
a Tim Horton's blueberry muffin
residue in the cup after I finished a peach yogurt

April also had some bad food addictions that I just had to draw the line at.  The first time I offered her a cheese cracker, I was holding it for her to nibble, but she yanked the whole thing out of my fingers with her mouth and disappeared into her little hide house.  I listened to >crunch crunch crunch < for I don't know HOW long.

She also liked Swiss cheese and roomkaas (a type of Edam), but after I let her try them, no matter how small the bite, her urine reeked like hair relaxer -- so no more of that!

April would probably also have liked to BATHE in Trader Joe's rice pudding, so that had to be kept to year-end-holiday-season-only status.  And she practically fought me, the poor little girl, for access to bourbon brown sugar fudge that I break up to add to cookies or banana bread.  The stuff was so potent with bourbon that I'd have to break it apart and leave it sittin out to air out, and APRIL HAD TO HAVE IT!!  HAD TO HAVE IT!!!  (Sorry, sweetum -- after that first taste, no more.)

Brownies?  If I ate a brownie, the next time April climbed on board she'd report right to my face and sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff where that heavenly odour was emanating from, then pull down my lower lip and try to climb inside my mouth.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum