Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

semi new pet mouse shivering

2 posters

Go down

semi new pet mouse shivering Empty semi new pet mouse shivering

Post by Moose Wed 12 Jun 2019, 4:25 pm

hello! it's been almost two weeks since i've had my boy. today i noticed something odd; he was shivering when i picked him up. do mice shiver when they're frightened? this is the first time i had to disturb him from his nest to clean his bin as i have to work very early tomorrow morning. last time i cleaned his bin while he was awake and he came out as normal, but this time he shivered and made little squeaking noises that i thought were sneezes. but once he adjusted the squeaking stopped as well as the shivering, and he seemed to want to stay out and play. i feel horrible for disturbing him. the last time he shivered like that was when he was in his carry home box from the pet store. i know he still may not fully trust me, but we're making progress. he's still very active; jumping around his bin, eating and drinking. i made a post about a week ago about little "puff" noises he makes now and then. they're not consistent, and i rarely hear him making those sounds when he's in his bin. only when he's out or interacting with me. i don't wear any strong perfumes or fragrances and his bedding is 99.9 dust free. i wonder if these are just sounds he makes? he doesn't seem lethargic or anything. also, the temp. in my apartment is 71 degrees. is that ok for a mouse?

if anyone has any advice, as always, i appreciate it greatly Smile

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

semi new pet mouse shivering Empty Re: semi new pet mouse shivering

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 12 Jun 2019, 5:49 pm

If you are able to capture a few minutes of video of the behavior you are concerned about, and post it here, some members may be able to give you more specific information. If you have trouble filming while you are "quality timing" with mousie, let somebody else do the filming. (Then the other person can start making friends with your little guy too!)

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down

Post by Moose Wed 12 Jun 2019, 6:21 pm

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop wrote:If you are able to capture a few minutes of video of the behavior you are concerned about, and post it here, some members may be able to give you more specific information.  If you have trouble filming while you are "quality timing" with mousie, let somebody else do the filming.  (Then the other person can start making friends with your little guy too!)
thank you for the idea! i took him out twice since the behavior started and he hasn’t done it at all, just groomed a bit. no shivering at all, but when i take him out tomorrow i’ll try and capture it.

Moose
Jr Member
Jr Member

Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down