Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group of mice almost always arguing

2 posters

Go down

Group of mice almost always arguing  Empty Group of mice almost always arguing

Post by Pet.crazy101 Wed 17 Jul 2019, 8:42 am

I have had my group of 8 girls together for over 2 months now and i can't give them any kind of enrichment without them arguing to the point where i have to take everything out and just give them the bare minimal (food, water ,1 big hide and maybe a few cardboard tubes and chew toys). There seem to be 2 more dominate girls who always start the fights (no blood has ever been drawn) and i know girl will sometimes argue but this seem a bit much.
Im just not sure if i should keep them all together and just wait it out or split them in groups of 4 or something else.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Pet.crazy101
Pet.crazy101

Back to top Go down

Group of mice almost always arguing  Empty Re: Group of mice almost always arguing

Post by CallaLily Sat 20 Jul 2019, 12:49 pm

Have you tried slowly adding one thing at a time over the course of a few weeks? This might help to narrow down what exactly is causing the fights, a certain hide or toy maybe? I would give it more time unless blood has been drawn or if any of them are being seriously bullied and beat down. But if you’re still in the same situation further down the road, you may find two groups of four work better.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Group of mice almost always arguing  Empty Re: Group of mice almost always arguing

Post by Pet.crazy101 Sat 20 Jul 2019, 6:06 pm

CallaLily wrote:Have you tried slowly adding one thing at a time over the course of a few weeks?  This might help to narrow down what exactly is causing the fights, a certain hide or toy maybe?  I would give it more time unless blood has been drawn or if any of them are being seriously bullied and beat down. But if you’re still in the same situation further down the road, you may find two groups of four work better.

Yes i have tried that and i can't seem to pin point what they are "fighting" over
Pet.crazy101
Pet.crazy101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum