Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Fictional Narrative...

5 posters

Go down

My Fictional Narrative... Empty My Fictional Narrative...

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:13 pm

I have been really hesitant about posting this but I decided I should. I wrote a fictional essay for school and have decided to post it because it is about my mice! (By the way this isn't the essay I mentioned in my "Mouse safe materials" post)

Its quite long, but I am very proud of it.

Whitney, Skye and Freya had been planning their grand scheme to sneak out for a long time, but they are not who you think they are…

The three girls aren’t rebellious teeangers, determined to sneak out of their home to party. They definitely aren't being held hostage and are trying to escape. These mischievous girls are mice. They don't seem to know how spoiled they are, as they have been planning their escape ever since they were put into their enclosure. The girls had made a plan, more complicated than the escape from Alcatraz. The walls of the enclosure were just a mere 10 inches high, but 10 inches may as well be 10 feet to the tiny rodents. If you saw their cage, you might be confused as to why they would want to leave; it was littered with expensive toys, lush beddings, and the most carefully sorted food. The girls didn't care for that though, they wanted to live as their ancestors did, roughing it in the wild. What they didn't seem to quite grasp was how different their bodies were to their wild counterparts. The only evolutionary similarity was their peculiar night owl sleep schedule. Speaking of owls, the girls weren't familiar with predators either. Nevertheless, the girls were going to escape.

Luckily, mice have a much larger intellectual capacity than what is commonly believed. This would be a great help in the planning of their sneak out. The girls knew that the only way to possibly escape would be they could somehow get through the enclosure, therefore allowing them to climb up the water bottle and get out of the cage with ease. They had been secretly practicing these climbing skills while their owner thought they were simply playing.

The night had come, well, more like, early morning… Their owner was a night owl too; staying up until the rays of the soft morning sun bled through the corners of the curtain. Believe it or not, the girls had lucked out, this morning was a fairly “early” bedtime for the human, she was confirmed asleep by 3:00 am. The girls knew that there were small, circular felt pads on the rim of the cage, which were attached by the owner. The girls knew this was a courteous favor from the human, as they kept the noise down when placing the lid on the cage. Nonetheless, these were to be used to their advantage, as mice can squeeze through any hole the size of their snout. The girls just barely fit through the small, thin door to freedom, and ran out the open door of their owner’s room. Now the hard part is getting through the house door to leave. They spent some time attempting to chew through the door, only to realize what a waste of time it was. Luckily, Skye, the resident chewer, noticed that the screen door was an easy target and they easily escaped through a small hole Skye had made in seconds.

Finally, they had escaped, but what now? Freya had been very hesitant about leaving, their owner had grown on her. Whitney was determined to have the long awaited freedom, and assured Freya it was just Stockholm Syndrome. Freya was not happy with her sister’s diagnosis. The three sisters sat and thought for a good minute or two, when Skye had the idea to visit the fairy garden, hoping the fairies could grant some useful information. Skye was surprisingly the dominant figure in this mission, despite being very shy and timid.

Skye led her two sisters to the fairy garden in the front yard. As they silently approached the small village, they heard the bustling of the tiny town. Suddenly, a blue jay swooped down and attempted to grab Skye. The girls quickly sprinted to the fairy garden, climbed the wall of the planting pot with their temporary adrenaline based superpowers, and rushed inside a small, terracotta home. Luckily the home seemed to be empty at that moment, or else they may have been shooed out of their refuge.

After some time, they slowly embarked out of the house, and were greeted by a crowd of fairies. Silence crept through the gardens; were they unwanted guests? Slowly, the crowd dispersed. The fairies hovered away, returning to the activities they were tending to before the big commotion. Soon, only a couple fairies remained.

“Do you think we were in their house?” Freya whispered to Whitney.
“I hope not”, Whitney uttered.

One fairy came forward with a beautiful dress, that glowed with the color of sunflower petals. She attempted to speak to Skye, but the language of the fairies is a sacred and little known language. The fairy quickly realized that the trio didn't understand the native tongue and turned to her friend, a tan, short, fairy with curly, dark brown hair and spoke in a concerned but hopeful fashion. The short fairy slowly stepped towards Skye, and with an outstretched hand, gently stroked her head. Skye would normally be terrified, but she somehow felt safe in this situation.

The short fairy calmly said: “Excuse me, you seem to have a bad wound little one.”

This took Skye by surprise. She didn’t expect to understand the fairy, but also suddenly felt a sharp pain in her back that she hadn’t felt before. Skye and her sisters had been so concerned with running away from the blue jay, they hadn’t noticed that Skye had been cut by the bird’s sharp beak. While Skye calmly allowed the fairy to examine her wound, the fairy explained to them that she is an animal fairy. Animal fairies are a type of fairy that have a special bond with animals, and can speak to any specie of animal. She introduced herself as Fayette, and her friend’s name as Riona. The girls were still too concerned and in shock to speak, so Fayette continued to clean the young mouse’s wound.

After Fayette finished tending to Skye’s wound, Riona slowly approached and spoke to Skye: “I am going to use my magic to heal your cut, please do not be scared,” Fayette translated. Skye was calm enough to let Riona approach, and Riona ran her fingers along Skye’s back, almost like she was playing the piano. She quietly chanted something too complicated to remember. Suddenly, a light flashed and Skye instantly felt a sense of relief.

Afterwards, the three sisters thanked the pair of fairies for their help, and finally introduced themselves. Fayette gave the girls some food, and they were on their way. As they carefully inched down the steep planting pot the gardens were housed in, Fayette shouted: “Visit anytime!”

The girls were once again feeling lost; they didn’t feel safe or independent as they thought they would feel. They missed their cozy cage, with all of its amenities. They missed their owner. They missed their home! One by one, they slowly had the realization that they didn’t want to be wild. They all decided that, while they had a fun time, the wild world wasn't for them.

Slowly, all three crept back through their homemade doorway and climbed great heights, back up to their home-sweet-home. They were all back, playing in their happy place, by 6:00 am.

I’d like to say that they made it back in the nick of time, and their owner woke up seconds after they were back. But, while night owls may be birds, they definitely aren't early birds.

GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

My Fictional Narrative... Empty Re: My Fictional Narrative...

Post by Artistwolf Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:28 pm

Aw, that's so cute Smile

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:30 pm

This is slightly off topic, but I just noticed that your drawing is a chipmunk and not a badger, I was looking at it from the wrong angle, silly me!
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:38 pm

Hahaha yeah, chipmunk, not badger. Laugh

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:39 pm

Super cute story, I'm glad you decided to share! The fairies were a fun turn. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:40 pm

Haha thanks, I may post a photo of the gardens.
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:53 pm

That's great Smile thanks for sharing it! I used to love creative writing at school, it didn't even feel like work to me, it's fun Very Happy

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:59 pm

Adorable! I love writing myself. I used to always include Ace and Perry as characters. My girls have yet to be in any of my books, but I did name a fictional underwater city after Mabel.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum