Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cage Cleaning

3 posters

Go down

Cage Cleaning Empty Cage Cleaning

Post by Zoeyml Wed 14 Aug 2019, 4:05 pm

How often do you clean your mice cages? I am wanting to weekly but with my newer mouse it would really scare him. I dont know if they prefer a clean cage of get upset at me moving their territory. Obviously I will clean the cages, I just dont know if its better to wait longer with my newer mouse or to just clean it and let him hide somewhere?

Zoeyml

Back to top Go down

Cage Cleaning Empty Re: Cage Cleaning

Post by Robin~ Wed 14 Aug 2019, 4:26 pm

Weekly cleanings are fine. They actually enjoy getting to explore a new set up and don't mind their scent being taken away, unlike other animals like hamsters.

I cleaned my girls cage a few days after I got them and they weren't phased by it.

As for what I do while I'm cleaning, I put my girls in a smaller separate bin (a hospital cage/travel cage would also work). Keeps them out of my way so I don't have to worry about them escaping.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 14 Aug 2019, 10:34 pm

What @Robin~ said.

Mouse cages should be fully cleaned every 7-10 days. They pee a lot and it’s not good to leave it for long with their sensitive respiratory systems. Smile

http://www.petmousefanciers.com/t36-cleaning-odor-and-bedding

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down