Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeaking

3 posters

Go down

Squeaking  Empty Squeaking

Post by Zoeyml Thu 15 Aug 2019, 2:27 am

I just cleaned my mice cages and one of my mice has been squeaking since. Before he only made those sounds when my other mouse attacked him. I dont know if this means hes upset or mad at me for cleaning his cage? Or if theres another reason he’d be squeaking Phbbbt Dance in the Rain

Zoeyml

Back to top Go down

Squeaking  Empty Re: Squeaking

Post by CallaLily Thu 15 Aug 2019, 1:50 pm

Most mice seem to enjoy a clean cage and a new setup. They seem to have great fun exploring all the new toys and smells. But some mice might get a bit stressed. Males especially do like to have a bit of their smell around. If you didn’t this time, next time try leaving a toy or two unwashed so some of his smell remains. It might help. I wouldn’t over think it though. He’ll be fine. Cage cleans are a must and he will get used to it.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by ControlCoreAngel Wed 30 Oct 2019, 5:08 pm

in my experience, its always been a noise of anger or frustration. pipin SCREAMS when macaroni tries to groom her. fat baby would yell at you if you bothered her enough. your dude probably is just pretty frustrated at new bedding! they work really hard on their nests and sometimes get upset when its gone.

but also, chatter-like squeaking is a sign of respiratory illness, but its a very much different sound.

angel / mouse owner for 6+ years / they

current babies: pantalaimon / french fry

rip: svanhild / juniper / lumi / winter / echo / hiroko / fat baby / flick / fox / mayonnaise / macaroni / pipin / poppy / skittle
ControlCoreAngel
ControlCoreAngel
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Angelic

https://fandomstuckportal.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: