Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice urgently needed - mouse choking?

2 posters

Go down

Advice urgently needed - mouse choking? Empty Advice urgently needed - mouse choking?

Post by Fuzzball Sat 19 Oct 2019, 2:25 am

My mouse is making a lot of noises - squeaking and clicking sounds - when he breathes, and his breathing seems laboured, body moving with each breath. He keeps opening his mouth and rubbing his nose. Searching it on the internet makes me think it's not as bad as it seems, but even so I'm really worried. The vet is closed right now but there is an emergency vet available. Is this an emergency or should I leave him alone? Help please. I have a video of what he's doing but I'm not sure how to show it

Fuzzball

Back to top Go down

Advice urgently needed - mouse choking? Empty Re: Advice urgently needed - mouse choking?

Post by Fuzzball Sat 19 Oct 2019, 5:09 am

Turns out it was mucus making it difficult for him to breathe. Took him to the vet, they put him on a ventilator for a while, he's fine now. Got some antibiotics to treat his respitory infection.

Fuzzball

Back to top Go down

Advice urgently needed - mouse choking? Empty Re: Advice urgently needed - mouse choking?

Post by Robin~ Sat 19 Oct 2019, 12:19 pm

Aw, that sounds terrible! Let’s hope he’ll recover quickly 🤞

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down