Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the All Living Things® Reptile Heating Mat Safe for Baby and Adult Mice?

2 posters

Go down

Is the All Living Things® Reptile Heating Mat Safe for Baby and Adult Mice? Empty Is the All Living Things® Reptile Heating Mat Safe for Baby and Adult Mice?

Post by starwolf11 Wed 11 Dec 2019, 2:45 pm

Okay, so I am hoping to keep my adult mice warm in the winter because I live in a cooler climate. One of them might have babies soon and I was wondering what would be the safest way to keep them warm? The room itself is pretty cool (60 F) and a space heater is not an option. I want a safe, relatively constant source of heat that would be safe for both adult and baby mice. If I wrap the All Living Things® Reptile Heating Mat in a towel and put it under their tank, would that be okay? Would it be safe to put in a towel underneath where the baby mice sleep, or just near it? Is there a better, safer heating option that is relatively cheap? Thank you! Very Happy

Here's the link to the heating pad: https://www.inabuggy.com/All-Living-Things-Reptile-Heating-Mat-Small-Grocery-Delivery--P956414
starwolf11
starwolf11

Cloud 9

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpDIVT6jMpsLIRzWfIOXorA/videos?view_as=subscriber

Back to top Go down

Is the All Living Things® Reptile Heating Mat Safe for Baby and Adult Mice? Empty Re: Is the All Living Things® Reptile Heating Mat Safe for Baby and Adult Mice?

Post by Peachy Thu 12 Dec 2019, 12:02 am

Heating pads wrapped in a towel and set on low are safe, but mouse nests get really warm so you probably won’t need one. I believe the average temp of a nest is around 80F. You could put a heating pad under 1/4-1/2 of the tank, this way if the mice get too warm they can move away from it. I wouldn’t put it under the nest side though, at least not until the babies have left the nest and can move away by themselves.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum