Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonding new females/cage size

2 posters

Go down

Bonding new females/cage size Empty Bonding new females/cage size

Post by Oreoandfriends Tue 17 Dec 2019, 8:07 pm

I am getting 5-6 female mice for my 850 square inch bin cage in a couple weeks. The mouse cage size calculator on this forum says my cage size can hold 13 mice, so when I first bring my new mice home should I block off a portion of the cage so they can bond properly or will they be fine with the whole amount? I will be getting the white fancy mice commonly sold as “feeders”, their cage will be packed with things to do at every step and tons of stuff to climb in/on so hopefully that will make them comfortable.
Thanks!
Oreoandfriends
Oreoandfriends
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Bonding new females/cage size Empty Re: Bonding new females/cage size

Post by Robin~ Wed 18 Dec 2019, 6:35 am

Hello!

I found that, when I got my mice from a pet shop, since they’d been in the same enclosure for a bit now, they were all fine with each other when they reached me. I don’t think portioning off a bit would be necessary Smile But, just to be safe, I would get the ones who are sleeping/grooming with each other as that indicates a somewhat ok bond already.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum