Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Block / Mix percentages, feeding patterns

Go down

Block / Mix percentages, feeding patterns Empty Block / Mix percentages, feeding patterns

Post by Nieve5552 Tue 07 Jan 2020, 1:18 am

Hi I'm just prepping feed options and ideas before I actually manage to get some rescue ex-lab mice.
I'm planning to give Science Selective Rat, as Science Selective Mouse isnt available in my country (and I've found a previous post mentioning that the rat feed is fine for mice). This is in block/kibble form.
To supplement this with seed mix for their enrichment, I'm going to be using Finch Seed mix.

Those who give both pellet and seed mixes, how do you balance these two? 50/50 or primarily pellet and seed mix on the side, such as 60% pellet and 30% seed mix?

Also when do you usually feed the mice?
I read that they will do most of their eating at night, since they are nocturnal, but will eat occasionally during the daytime as well. I'm thinking maybe giving them the pellets during the day and seed mix in the evening, so that they can have fun with the seed mix when they're the most awake. Would this potentially create problems like the mice ignoring the pellets and fasting until the evening if they prefer the seed mix over the pellets? Is it better to give both at once, and top up only when all the food is gone?

Science Selective Rat
COMPOSITION: Wheat, soybean meal, barley, oats, soya oil, dried apples, dried blackcurrants, wheat feed, limestone flour, salt.
NUTRITIONAL ADDITIVES/Kg:Vitamin A 15000 IU, Vitamin D³ 1500 IU, Ferrous sulphate monohydrate 152mg, Calcium iodate anhydrous 1.5 mg, Copper sulphate pentahydrate 20 mg, Manganese oxide 38 mg, Zinc oxide 62 mg, Sodium selenite 0.2 mg.

Topflite Finch Mix
Ingredients: NZ Canary Seed, White French Millet, Hulled Oats, Panicum

Nieve5552

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum