Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Please..

3 posters

Go down

Help Please.. Empty Help Please..

Post by cookiepotatopaw Wed 22 Jan 2020, 3:55 pm

I need some help. I currently live in an area with tons of mice in rescues and am wanting a male mouse. There are about three that I'm interested in. However, I am most likely moving soon. Because our house will be for sale and people will be able to see him, my parents are not letting me have a mouse until we move(because some people don't like mice apparently..). I've tried my best to find breeders and rescues with mice near the area where we are moving but I can't. I'm wondering- would it be better to buy a mouse at a pet store once I move or to get the mouse a day or so before we move and have to make it go through that kind of stress? It's about 4 hours and 25 minutes to drive, possibly more because I have younger siblings. I would appreciate any advice, and Thank you.

cookiepotatopaw

Back to top Go down

Help Please.. Empty Rescue

Post by Jlenches28 Wed 22 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm

Hey there,
I’ve had mixed experiences with pet store mice. My first girls were in great health, but the males i got from the same store had respiratory infections right from the store....plus it’s always better to rescue! I have read posts on here that have mentioned that mice are okay with travels up to 5 hours and i have driven my mice all over California due to recent moves and trips where no one would be joke to take care of them. It’s not ideal, but i would say rescue the mouse and make the trip with him. Make sure he’s safe in the car and nothing in his cage can fall on him. I recently drove 4 hours to the closest breeder and the three girls are doing just fine.
On some trips the girls tend to drink more water than usual so make sure he can get to his water bottle easy!

Jlenches28

Back to top Go down

Help Please.. Empty Re: Help Please..

Post by cookiepotatopaw Wed 22 Jan 2020, 4:36 pm

Hi Jlences28. Thanks for the advice! I think I'll try to do that.

cookiepotatopaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Thu 23 Jan 2020, 7:16 am

If you decide to drive with him, please don’t transport him in his cage. Provided your cage is big enough, there is a risk of the car stopping too hard and your mouse being thrown across the cage and slammed into the side.
Something like a large Critter Keeper or small bin cage would be perfect. Just pack it with a bunch of bedding (at least 4”) and some light-weight, preferably cardboard toys. Food can be sprinkled around the bin; cucumber can also be provided as a source of water, but I strongly suggest bringing a water bottle/dish as a source of water and offer it whenever you stop.
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by cookiepotatopaw Thu 23 Jan 2020, 8:02 am

Thank you for the advice!

cookiepotatopaw

Back to top Go down