Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pink dots on Tail?

2 posters

Go down

Pink dots on Tail?  Empty Pink dots on Tail?

Post by BabyBasil2020 Mon 16 Mar 2020, 3:16 pm

Hello there,

This is my first ever post, as I have a mouse for the first time and want to make sure everything I do is best for her!

I’ve just noticed she has a few pink dots on her tail? They’re not raised but bright pink/red is this normal? Could it just be from her chewing the tail a little too hard when cleaning?

Also, her fur looks a little greasy today? Which I’ve not noticed before... I think she has long hair in her, but mainly fancy? She was part of an accidental litter, and doesn’t get on very well with other mice, but loves humans. I have been told she’s was possibly the runt? If that’s a thing with mice litters.

Anyone know what this is please? Or if it’s normal... Thanks in advance!
BabyBasil2020
BabyBasil2020

Back to top Go down

Pink dots on Tail?  Empty Re: Pink dots on Tail?

Post by chiroptera Thu 19 Mar 2020, 4:51 am

@BabyBasil2020 I'd have to see pictures to be sure, but I wouldn't be super worried if they're not open wounds.

As for her greasy fur, it could be that she's adjusting to a new diet! I know that a lot of my new mice had some greasy fur when they first came home and started to get used to the food I had for them. If it doesn't go away after a while, then I would start to be more concerned, and potentially look into the quality of your food.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum