Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these cages okay and How many mice would fit?

2 posters

Go down

Are these cages okay and How many mice would fit? Empty Are these cages okay and How many mice would fit?

Post by Isalie Thu 09 Apr 2020, 6:09 am

Hi so I am new here i am wanting to get mice for a while now. I have a spare cage (70x40x60cm or 28x16x24inch) and i am wondering if that would be suitable. Later I want to make a cage myself which will have about 1.200 sq inches of Floor space. Would the temporary cage be okay and for How many mice would it be able to live in there?
How many mice should live in 600sq in and 1200 sq in?

Isalie

Back to top Go down

Are these cages okay and How many mice would fit? Empty Re: Are these cages okay and How many mice would fit?

Post by Robin~ Thu 09 Apr 2020, 10:02 am

Hello!

I think that cage would be great for a buck or 2-4 does. Upgrading to 1200 would probably be a bit overkill IMO—mice really need secure spaces, and filling up a cage that large would be pretty difficult and expensive. I have my four girls in a 600sq in meshed bin cage and it works perfectly, but even then it takes me about two hours each week to clean and refill in an enriching way.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Are these cages okay and How many mice would fit? Empty Re: Are these cages okay and How many mice would fit?

Post by Isalie Thu 09 Apr 2020, 10:38 am

Robin~ wrote:Hello!

I think that cage would be great for a buck or 2-4 does. Upgrading to 1200 would probably be a bit overkill IMO—mice really need secure spaces, and filling up a cage that large would be pretty difficult and expensive. I have my four girls in a 600sq in meshed bin cage and it works  perfectly, but even then it takes me about two hours each week to clean and refill in an enriching way.

Ah Thank you! I might go for 1000 sq in. But i Will for sure not have trouble filling the place. I have al lot of good cork bark that I used to use for My hamster and a lot of extra spare accecories. Tbh cleaning isn’t too much of a problem cause My hamster has well over 1200 sq in and it just takes an hour or so. I mean like the Ikea detolf (not getting that as a cage) I think has 1000 sq in and doesn’t look too difficult to fill or clean. Thank for saying How many would fit. I always think that My need sooo much space I need to learn they are not hamsters

Isalie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum