Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse Mix

2 posters

Go down

Mouse Mix Empty Mouse Mix

Post by ChuckyCheese Wed 06 May 2020, 11:11 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so sorry if I put this in the wrong place or did something wrong Worry

Yesterday I had the pleasure of adopting a little white mouse (from the SPCA, his human had mouse that bread and he couldn't take care of them) named Chucky Cheese. I love him so much and he is my baby. I know to take it slow with taming him, and today when I spot cleaned his cage, he began climbing all over me and seems to already be pretty okay with me, which makes me super happy Love He lives in what used to be one of those three story cages that are super tall but hardly have any floor space that I flipped on it's side, put a large tray outside and covered the bars with paper and then bedding to protect his little feets Heart Eyes

Anyway, to my actual question:
I have Supreme Science Selective Mouse Food as a main sort of pellet, but I've seen so many awesome mixes out there and I'd like to add some healthy foods to his pellets and create a sort of mouse mix. Could I do this? Confused Just want to give my bestest boy a good life with some good food.

I have these foods available at the moment: (well, the ones that I can think of)

- Rolled Oats
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunfower Seeds (I know these can be bad in large quantities)
- Pasta (normal and one made with lentils and peas)
- A selection of dried fruit
- Rice (brown and white)
- Of course, his pellets mentioned above
- Hmm. Say a food and I'll see if I have it

I was wondering if I could whip up a nutritional mix from all this and how much of each you'd all recommended me using?

I plan on also feeding him some veggies (like carrots and broccoli) and some fruit (apples, etc) a couple of days a week.

Thank you!
From a loving new mouse mum Wink Love

ChuckyCheese

In Love

Back to top Go down

Mouse Mix Empty Re: Mouse Mix

Post by Robin~ Thu 07 May 2020, 8:14 am

Hello!

If you’re planning on creating a homemade mix, keep in mind they can be pretty expensive. You generally can’t create a very good mix just from the things you find around your house. I found this article on homemade hamster diets to be helpful:
http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/113437-creating-a-homemade-hamster-diet/#entry1204421

I’m also in the process of creating a homemade diet. I personally tweak the suggestions a bit to reduce the amount of legumes (they tend to be high in protein) and generally increase the amount of seeds/grains. I’m currently on my phone but I can hop on my laptop then and link it. Smile

Otherwise, if you still want a seed mix (which I strongly recommend) but don’t want to spend the time or money creating one yourself, Bunny makes a really great line of mixes. I know for a fact Bunny Dwarf Hamster Dream is found on ZooPlus and is a fantastic choice.

Edit: Just realized you said both Science Selective (which I thought was Europe only?) and SPCA. If you’re in the States I would recommend Sunseed Vita Prima Parakeet food.
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum