Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my mouse overweight?

2 posters

Go down

Is my mouse overweight? Empty Is my mouse overweight?

Post by mousyfriends876 Sat 09 May 2020, 12:57 pm

Hello! Please help!! I think my mouse has some health problems.

I have 3 Hereford mice and they are almost a year old. The black one is younger than the other two (the chocolate and dove colored are from the same litter).

The chocolate hereford eats the most and seems the bulkiest. I feed them 2/3 Oxbow essentials adult rat food and 1/3 sunseed vita prima sunscription parakeet food.

The chocolate hereford also licks his bottom the most and it sometimes feels a bit wet. I think his poop is fine though. He also urinates normally.

Here is a picture (link is able to be opened publically):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nn4UhnoncFSztaCs9wVRII1WjsrWf7VeGEzKYqy97tY/edit?usp=sharing

Please help ASAP!! Thank you! Bad Day Bad Day Bad Day Bad Day Bad Day Bad Day

mousyfriends876

Back to top Go down

Is my mouse overweight? Empty Re: Is my mouse overweight?

Post by Robin~ Sat 09 May 2020, 1:10 pm

Hello!

In terms of bulk your mouse seems fine to me—what matters is if they’re rapidly gaining weight, which can be a sign of a health problem. If you don’t have one already, I’d consider investing in a sensitive kitchen scale or jewelry scale. These make for perfect mouse weighers. I would keep a small book and note every mouse’s weight every week and note any differences from week to week. Smile

Licking their privates is a normal step in grooming. Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down